Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sportsworld and this shit place.

  1. #1
    I was looking to join the ESPN forum ( a TV network devoted entirely to sports) and talk some baseball with Americans who knew the sport.

    My topic was to be about all the days off in the playoffs and how that was unfair to a deep pitching staff.

    I thought there would be real baseball knowledge and some good discussions.

    What did I find?

    A completely unmoderated forum filled with expletive laden rants from pimple popping teens.

    I never even bothered to post.

    My point, this forum is so far above that level of shit, it made me forget the intermittent frustrastions here and be proud to call this place home.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,987
    that sucks i have looked at other forums but they never really stand out

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    A completely unmoderated forum filled with expletive laden rants from pimple popping teens.
    My point, this forum is so far above that level of shit, it made me forget the intermittent frustrastions here and be proud to call this place home.
    Thanks Hobbes. You are the first person to let me know that I have gone beyond the pimple popping stage. I'll be going out with girls next.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    I was looking to join the ESPN forum ( a TV network devoted entirely to sports) and talk some baseball with Americans who knew the sport.

    My topic was to be about all the days off in the playoffs and how that was unfair to a deep pitching staff.

    I thought there would be real baseball knowledge and some good discussions.

    What did I find?

    A completely unmoderated forum filled with expletive laden rants from pimple popping teens.

    I never even bothered to post.

    My point, this forum is so far above that level of shit, it made me forget the intermittent frustrastions here and be proud to call this place home.
    For sports this was a very good forum.

    The problem recently before the move though was a lack of threads besides hockey and soccer. Admin then picked that time to say, "SportsWorld didn't work" and trashed it.

    Oh well...if you now have a sports topic, pop it into the Lounge or Talk Club (damn I hate that name).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    I was looking to join the ESPN forum ( a TV network devoted entirely to sports) and talk some baseball with Americans who knew the sport.

    My topic was to be about all the days off in the playoffs and how that was unfair to a deep pitching staff.

    I thought there would be real baseball knowledge and some good discussions.

    What did I find?

    A completely unmoderated forum filled with expletive laden rants from pimple popping teens.

    I never even bothered to post.

    My point, this forum is so far above that level of shit, it made me forget the intermittent frustrastions here and be proud to call this place home.
    Indeed...When I visit other forums, I miss this place.
    Weird eh?

    Peace brotherdoobie

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    94
    Posts
    7,783
    Good post, Hobbes!!

    I joined many forums, also dutch ones, but no place has topped the good old lounge.

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by SensualBarfing
    Good post, Hobbes!!

    I joined many forums, also dutch ones, but no place has topped the good old lounge.
    This is the only place you haven't been kicked out of ...you old pervert

    Peace brotherdoobie

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    94
    Posts
    7,783
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    This is the only place you haven't been kicked out of ...you old pervert

    Peace brotherdoobie

    Moi???

    A perv????

    Yes!!!!

    Old???


    No!!!


    yoperv

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by SensualBarfing
    Moi???

    A perv????

    Yes!!!!

    Old???


    No!!!


    yoperv
    Your only as old as you feel...The Freudian slip was intentional this time.

    Peace brotherdoobie

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •