Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crap Cleaner

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hmm ,tryed again removed 14.8 mb . After a couple of hours on the net.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Now try DustBuster. It'll probably find more MBs. Doesn't work the other way round though. That's why DustBuster is the KING of junk file removers. And why everyother program pales in comparision.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    zapjb, I figured out that dustbuster did remove all my SP2 uninstall files and teh files for sp1 and other windows updates, as well as stuff for other microsoft apps as well (mainly office 2003 and xp).

Then tehre was all my temp files and stuff.

Personally i think dustbuster should give an option of removing the SP2 uninstall files, what if i had needed to get rid of sp2? i'd have to reinstall windows.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Now try DustBuster. It'll probably find more MBs. Doesn't work the other way round though. That's why DustBuster is the KING of junk file removers. And why everyother program pales in comparision.

45 minuets later dustbuster says 385 mb deleted ? Mabye I'm reading wrong , 3.85 mb more like it. I ran ccleaner right after says 6.85 mb removed. Ran again says 3.81 mb removed mostly c:/documents/settings blah blah . Makes you wonder EH ? Checked my prefecth folder still full!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    45 minuets later dustbuster says 385 mb deleted ? Mabye I'm reading wrong , 3.85 mb more like it. I ran ccleaner right after says 6.85 mb removed. Ran again says 3.81 mb removed mostly c:/documents/settings blah blah . Makes you wonder EH ? Checked my prefecth folder still full!
    Maybe it's all BS. Maybe they lie and say they removed stuff so you'll think you really need the app.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Well its funny ran dustb again, took 43 sec 's this time found nothing ! Does make you wonder tho eh?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Well its funny ran dustb again, took 43 sec 's this time found nothing ! Does make you wonder tho eh?
    Just ran dustbuster:

gonna get that translated i wonder what it's telling me.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow box
    DustBuster has removed 1627 mb of files useless from the 26\09\2004. Deframmentare l'unità
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue box
    It eliminates 583 files to you for 229mb totals in this session
    hmm.
    Last edited by tesco; 10-10-2004 at 03:25 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    No peat moss that was three hundred eighty five MBs.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    i used crapcleaner and once it cleaned out all the crap since than i can't see any internet images...i mean i can surf on net but the images are missing...wtf happened? espically with yahoo email...all images are missing....eveything looks so weired!!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    10-10-2004 04:09 AM sameer0807 i used crapcleaner and once it cleaned out all the crap since than i can't see any internet images...i mean i can surf on net but the images are missing...wtf happened? espically with yahoo email...all images are missing....eveything looks so weired!!

So unlike me who says CrapCleaner is useless. You're saying it's a POS. I can accept that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast