Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: want to make a really CHEAP cinema pc

a lot better then my plan actually.. thanks dudes. ill keep an eye out for old pcs.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Something along the lines of a 1Ghz Duron, 365mb Ram, 16mb Graphics Card (yes this matters)

I had a 600Mhz Celeron and i slapped a 32mb graphics card (7000 i thin) and it plays all the movies now.

I brought the 600mhz second hand for like £40 and then a £22 graphics card and it was all set.
    Also you have an Xbox right? You knwo your Xbox can play all Xvid, Divx,vcd,svcd,kvcd,skvcd and all of them.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    i dont have any consoles (there a waste of money IMHO, im a pc gamer). now I just got to find an old pc for around $50 -$100 max
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pc-gamer-dude
    i dont have any consoles (there a waste of money IMHO, im a pc gamer). now I just got to find an old pc for around $50 -$100 max
    Waste of money? Not when u dont pay for the games.

Computer - $100

Chipped Xbox that plays all you need, plug emulates very well and will play Downloaded Xbox Games - $120

Gash darnit.... i forgot what i was trying to get at again

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Retired
    Why not a DVD player that supports Xvid/Divx and that has a 40/80 GB HD?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    becuz theres other things i wanna do it that a divx/xvid player cant do, also i found out a couple things, only about half of my movies are xvid or divx. a nice amount of them are quicktime movies also and im pretty sure that aint xvid or divx encoded. theres also a couple programs that i wanna be able to use (Modplug Tracker and the like).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    actually u know wut.. fuk it. i will get a standalone divx/xvid player. so much cheaper and more portable. im gonna post a new thread so somebody please close/delete this one for me.

thanks!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    game console: 100-200 bucks (ok, lets say 400), game computer: OVER 900 (and thats running cheap)

actually u know wut.. fuk it. i will get a standalone divx/xvid player. so much cheaper and more portable. im gonna post a new thread so somebody please close/delete this one for me.

thanks!
    well if you can get a second hand pc the pc will prolly only be a lil more expensive, and it does give you more fexibility......... and it will allow you to upgrade easier......

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    muchspl2
    this thread was answerd in the secound post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12