Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush's Civil Rights Record Is Criticized, Silently

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    This is a scathing report, and I find it reprehensible that the United States Commission on Civil Rights has caved in to pressure from the Republicans, and decided to withhold release of this report until after the election. The importance of this report and it's findings cannot be stressed enough.

The holding back of this report is tantamount to a cover up of gross proportions.

I suggest everyone read this report. I think Bush supporters might have trouble swallowing it.
    Here is the article about it, and here is the report download link.
    Last edited by ruthie; 10-10-2004 at 06:44 AM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I haven't read it yet but don't count on Bush supporters thinking of anything but supporting Bush.

I hope the report is fair though.If not then the report should be criticized.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    dbl sry
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I don't see why the release of any completed report should be delayed.
    I haven't read the link but i think i can assume that it's not exactly favourable to one side in the election.

I don't think the arguement that it might cause bias is legitimate. I would feel the same way if the report showed the party in a good light.
    As we've been told...you can run, but you can't hide.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Well, I'm almost done reading this huge report. I just got done contacting as many media sources as I can right now, asking them to look into it. So far, I reached The Associated Press, Eyewitness News, CNN Common Dreams, Buzzflash, Democracy Now, Truthout, Tom Brokaw, and the man who is mediating the next debate. I hope this report gets aired.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Must correct something. This report is on the US commission of civil Rights Website. They voted to "not discuss" it until after the election. So, I guess you would have to think about if there were any such report in the first place, try to find where it might be, and read it. But don't "discuss" it.LOL

anywhichway

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    Well, I'm almost done reading this huge report. I just got done contacting as many media sources as I can right now, asking them to look into it. So far, I reached The Associated Press, Eyewitness News, CNN Common Dreams, Buzzflash, Democracy Now, Truthout, Tom Brokaw, and the man who is mediating the next debate. I hope this report gets aired.
    I have a job at the Treasury building tomorrow for the Associated Press. I'll talk to Marty about it.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    thanks. I'm curious. If there hadn't been the little blip in the NY Times about it, I would have never found it or been aware of it's existence. It's pretty long...181 pages, but lots of those are footnotes, etc.

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    any more info on this, Busyman?

anywhichway

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    any more info on this, Busyman?
    My job there was postponed and Marty isn't there (simply not answering). I can't get in without clearance so today is a bust.
    Last time I was there they very busy. He said something about the meeting of the G7. There must be something else going on.

I also have talked with Wolf Blitzer at CNN (really only twice). I have a job there next week.

I never thought of pooling all my contacts until I talked to you ruthie.

Shit there's also the all reporters at the DC mayor's building!!!
    Some of these locations have reporters from multiple organizations so they are right there for the action. For instance, at Treasury they have at least 2 cubicle per Assocated Press, Bloomberg News, etc.

Reuter's news is a block away and I get work there regularly.

Thanks ruthie.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast