Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Spysweeper

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I downloaded Spysweeper 3.2 Build 146 and ive followed the .nfo file's instructions included with it but i still cannot update it, keeps sayin the supscription is expirered. Heres the instructions.

How to PROPERLY INSTALLED & REGISTERED:

1. Uninstall Your Current SpySweeper:
    if you ever made the install.dat file "READ-ONLY" Before, You MUST Uncheck that and the Hidden settings BEFORE UNINSTALLING. So, just Open Windows Explorer, Go to Program Files > Webroot > SpySweeper, right-click on Install.dat and UNCHECK "read-only" and "hidden" then press APPLY AND OK. Then Uninstall By Going to the unins000.exe And CLicking on It Twice. Press OK To Uninstall it And YES or whatever. Reboot ur pc.
    2. Install from link above:
    when u double click on the link, it will FIRST ASK YOU FOR A SERIAL.
    Just Highlight the ENTIRE SERIAL, Copy, Put cursor in First Box and Paste, and the entire serial will be filled in. Then Press OK.

When All of those Options come up, I Only Check Off The LAST ONE Which Is The Windows Messenger Service. That is the ONLY One I check off because SpySweeper has Had Bugs with the Context Menu Option - and plus there's not much need for it.
    Then Press Ok, BUT UNCHECK "Run Spysweeper"! DO NOT RUN IT! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Make Sure SpySweeper is not running, go back to the SpySweeper Folder and right-click on INSTALL.dat and hit Open With and Find NOTEPAD and press OK, so now notepad is opened with a few numbers. Just put a ZERO To This Line:
    dl=365
    which now will look like:
    dl=3650
    then SAVE IT and Exit Notepad. Then right-click on install.dat and check the "Read-Only" setting.
    Thats it, open the program and YES Now you can update.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    46ghost's Avatar [Blocked Ad]
    It didn't work for me to just use the old one.
    [Blocked Ad]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I couldn't get it to update either..so I'm sticking with v2.10 which I can update

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by mofos
    then SAVE IT and Exit Notepad. Then right-click on install.dat and check the "Read-Only" setting.
    If I remember correctly, you've got to set it on "hidden" as well. It has worked for me until I stoped using version 3 because of the "memory shield" thing that made explorer.exe freeze...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It freezes whenever i update so i gave up on it to. still using 2.5 or 2.6 or something.

and fuck off with that stupid little font!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSSCO_2004
    It freezes whenever i update so i gave up on it to. still using 2.5 or 2.6 or something.

and fuck off with that stupid little font!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You Fuck off.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by mofos
    You Fuck off.
    Hmm not a great way to get help! I'm having trouble reading your posts too .
    Could read that last one fine tho.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Why should i change? is everybody on this forum like 50 and cant read small writing or what?:eek:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    No, we are running high resolutions and it makes your posts a pain in the ass to read.
    So change it, or expect every thread you post in to turn into "I can't read your font mofos".

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Im running high resoulution also, i can read it perfectly and i dont have glasses!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast