Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa's installed why won't it run??!

natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    if bittorrent don't work get winmx www.winmx.com

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    tonypisa
    Ok - I had the same problem - cleanKMD wouldn't load at all in XP Pro with SP2 (big mistake installing that).

I have since uninstalled the SP2 (you have to unclick the hide updates box in the control panel uninstall dialog). Now it loads fine BUT... it never connects. i just keep getting a connecting .... message iin the status box at the bottom.

Thing is I had an old version of Kazaa lite running fine.

Any helpful suggestions (spare me the "get WinMX"- used it for yearws but don't like it)

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    see the pinned topic or try this
    Last edited by Vargas; 05-17-2007 at 06:07 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    how can you tell if you have SP2 on your system? the same problem happened to me, I got a virus fixed it then when I tryed to re-install KL it would start then crash. I then dl'd shareazaa but I'm not real happy with it. I got better time on Klite.

and

where can I dl an older version of klite. I still have the installer for 2.4.3 in my system. but if its the version thats the problem where can I get an older one. doing a search just gives me the pay kazaa sites

D

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconos
    how can you tell if you have SP2 on your system?
    "internet explorer>help>about" will show what version your OS is updated to

where can I dl an older version of klite.
    try here:
    http://www.old-software.com/
    Last edited by Vargas; 10-17-2004 at 11:51 AM.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    EDIT: oops, was reading the first page when I posted. Anywayz, Clean Kazaa 2.6 and K-Lite 2.6 DOES NOT work with SP2. There isnt anything you can do about it, even the patch wont help. You can just go down to Kazaa Lite K++ or move to a new network.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Hi Vargas, thanks for Reply, I checked and I'm updated to SP1, and still it wont work, tried an older version, and the same thing happens. do you on any1 here have any idea what could be wrong?

the only solution I havnt tried is doing a clean sweep of my hard drive, I have so much stuff on here I dont want to lose. unless somebody knows of a way to reset my system without me loosing everything.

D

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Hi Vargas, thanks for Reply, I checked and I'm updated to SP1, and still it wont work, tried an older version, and the same thing happens. do you on any1 here have any idea what could be wrong?

the only solution I havnt tried is doing a clean sweep of my hard drive, I have so much stuff on here I dont want to lose. unless somebody knows of a way to reset my system without me loosing everything.

D
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showp...4&postcount=13

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    I've tried both those supernodes and the snode.reg save, still does the same thing. Is there some specific elements I need in my system that could have been destroyed by the virus I had to work Kazaa?

The message I get is : "KazaaLite.kpp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

D
    Last edited by Draconos; 10-19-2004 at 04:54 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    for that do a clean install (select delete old registry keys/settings in the setup)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast