Thread: Software Installation Error

OK, i recently tried installed Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (Demo) but needed to update DirectX (to version 9). Well, have way through the installation, I get the error:

The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.
    This software will not be installed. Contact your system administrator.

I also got the same error when I tried installing the new Windows Media Player (10). This error automatically stops the installation.
    What can I do?? I made sure that Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 1) is supported, but I still get the error.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Both of thoes Apps uses "Wise installition" Setup , mybe there is something wrong with it.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    So what can i do?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    My only idea is to try a repair install of windows. You won't lose any of your files but you do lose any windows updates and drivers you've installled since installation of windows.

To repair install stick in your cd then let the computer boot from it and choose repair install somewhere in the setup.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    There is somthing called kernel.dll(or kernel32.dll) which is wise installition's setup luncher, i cant remember were to find it but it was in hidden 'temp file' folder, if u delete it in next wise installition setup ull get it back and may ur problem fix.
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 10-12-2004 at 01:07 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I found this, which seems like it can solve the problem ...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293765

But where in the heck is the Unattend.txt file located?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    when i try to install directx 9c i get this error
    [04/07/06 18:52:30] module: dsetup32(Dec 5 2005), file: setup.cpp, line: 5542, function: CSetup:oCopy

Failed API: SetupInstallFromInfSection()
    Error: (0xfffffb40)

Unable to proceed dxxp.inf:[WINXP_INSTALL]. The file may be damaged.