Thread: Game Pads

Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    I have noticed that my gamepad will not work with alot of dl'd games, is it because the files are not retail versions (CD) or is it something else. Anyone else having this problem?
    The only game I can get it to work with is NHL 2002.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    are you using rips(usually aroung 200 mb)or are you using the full images of the games?
    I can see it not working with rips but it should work with images.

3. Games   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    What brand of gamepad is it? Are you sure Windows recognizes it in Control Panel? What specific games are you trying to use it with? Many games don't 'officially' support joysticks, but sometimes you can edit a config file to force it to work. Or, if your pad is programmable, you could just set the buttons to emulate the keyboard.

4. Games   -   #4
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    All my games are Rips.
    The gamepad is a Logitech Wingman and windows recognized it when I plugged it in (USB).
    I've tried using it on Madden, GTA,Red Alert, N64 Roms and a whole bunch more.
    I don't know if this is normal because I have never bought a retail game in my life,lol.

5. Games   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    My Gravis Eliminator works great in GTA3, but I've got the .iso's instead of the Myth rip. It also works in a handful of other games like Serious Sam, Need for Speed, and all the popular emulators (MAME, Nesten, Snes9x, etc.). But like I said before, if I want to use it in a game that doesn't have joystick support, I just create a keyset with Gravis' software. As for Red Alert, I don't think a joystick would work very well in that kind of game anyway.