Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out Of Sync

BANNED
    My problem is like it says movies out of sink i download them a some stupid idit couldn't be bothered checking if its in sync before they share it

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by adthomp@25 March 2003 - 21:03
    My problem is like it says movies out of sink i download them a some stupid idit couldn't be bothered checking if its in sync before they share it
    List the movies here and we could probably help you.

999 times out of 1000 sync issues are the result of your own PC and not that of the file. There are files that people on here have complained about that play just fine on my system. In fact Snayke downloaded The Cutting Edge from me and had some issues, however the files he downloaded were excellent and did not have any playback issues what-so-ever.

You either have codec issues or system resource issues. Always trya nd watch movies with nothing else running. Then try a different video player as some use more resources than others. Next try uninstalling all codecs and install only the latest KLite codec pack found on the forums download page, and let us know what if that cleared it up or what files are giving you grief.

As for the other 1 out 1000 times that would be the result of a bad download, that is the file in question was damaged during the transfer from one person to the other.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I agree with SD. Depending on your system specs, it's more than likely a codec issue. List your players and codecs and we'll probably point out some possibilities.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    One problem out of sync movie was the "The Transporter" (DVD screener). I don't have the hash, but I belive it's the more popular one out there. Do others have sync probs with this movie? If so, has there been a "corrected" / better version out there?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Mime@26 March 2003 - 13:19
    One problem out of sync movie was the "The Transporter" (DVD screener). I don't have the hash, but I belive it's the more popular one out there. Do others have sync probs with this movie? If so, has there been a "corrected" / better version out there?
    My Transporter rip was wonderful, had an issue but restarted my PC and all was well for the remainder of the movie. My version was out of the verifieds section on this forum. 701,530 was the file size and as I stated it played beautifully after one glitch at which point I restarted my PC and all was well after that.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Try Zoom player out. Plays everything fantastically.

Avoid using Windows Media Player like the plague. The sound nearly always out of sync, frames skip, urgh.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    BANNED
    well the movie Im downloading is Sopranos s4 e8

The audio is 2 seconds in front of the video

I have Nimo codec pack its an asf file

Ive also checked the varifieds but couldn't find any more resources

I have played other asf files perfectly before using thease players
    Windoes Media Player 8
    Kazaa AVI preview
    Kazaa Dat View

Thanks to everyone thats replyed too

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by adthomp@27 March 2003 - 01:58
    well the movie Im downloading is Sopranos s4 e8

The audio is 2 seconds in front of the video

I have Nimo codec pack its an asf file

Ive also checked the varifieds but couldn't find any more resources

I have played other asf files perfectly before using thease players
    Windoes Media Player 8
    Kazaa AVI preview
    Kazaa Dat View

Thanks to everyone thats replyed too
    I have tried Nimo (build 8) and NimoLite. Both have some known bugs. Nimo (build 7) is much more stable but outdated. I recommend removing Nimo and installing K-Lite Codec Pack or DivXTotalPack1.3. Also, try a different player. K-Lite Codec pack comes with BSPlayer. Zoomplayer and MPC are players I also like. All three players can be had at http://www.doom9.org/. If the problem persists after these recommendations, your PC might be a tad underpowered.

Note: when uninstalling codecs, reboot 1st, then reboot again after install.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    TRshady
    I think it definetly is the pc, I use to use a 500mhz, 11mb graphics computer and most films 700mb divx, dvd quality films I got were out of sync and forwording or rewinding was impossible. On my new pc though, amd atlon 1800+, 64mb graphics there all excellent. See my point?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    This is a trial and learn issue.
    I solve 99.9% of the times this happens.
    The thing is it varies in how to solve it.
    If a stubborn MPG usually if I demultiplex (separate the audio and video streams, check they are the same length use wmplayer as it plays move the position bar and it will tell you the lenght of each stream if wrong use cooledit to math the audio to the video) it then encodes the two streams using tmpg this work.
    Sometimes it works with Canopus if not with TMPG.
    With stubborn AVI's my first step is to reencode with vdub but sometimes that fails.
    Then I use canopus or one of 5 other softwares I have to encode usually one works. Video edit magicoften reencodes a crashing avi with othger programmes but often out of synch then you have to get it into synch.
    As I have said this is a learning curve. I always succeed now. Thank heavens it one in 10 of my downloads that have the problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast