Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The New Soldier"

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    C'mon, B, you can do better than that.

Are you tired or something?
    No, I really meant it.

There is nary a positive action that has been done in his years as President.

When asked to cite such there is avoidance of the issue.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    I believe there has been plenty of positive action. The question is whether it was the appropriate action.
    Okay name some positive actions.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    If you honestly want positive actions, look up his website at what he thinks he did...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    If you honestly want positive actions, look up his website at what he thinks he did...
    Why have a forum manny?

I didn't ask for what he thinks he did.

With this being a forum I was looking for our member's opinions and facts.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Perhaps he felt that your actions in Vietnam were unjust and felt obliged to say this.

I would have thought this was a good thing.
    Surely-

But if one leaps from that stance into the Presidential arena, one had best be prepared to defend, or, at the very least, explain one's actions, and also to forego any whining at relevent questions.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Im sure he said something about this...

Brashness of youth etc...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Over time, your outlook changes too... what you believed when you were 25, is not necessarily the same thing you'd believe in now.
    I have to agree here especially in the case of Kerry. When he came back from Vietnam he demonstrated with Jane Fonda against the war. He even testified in congress opposing the war in Vietnam. In one of his debates when he was referring to "the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time" he said he would have the UN involved in the training of Iraqi troops. Has he forgotten the fact that this very thing is what got us in Vietnam in the first place and 50,000 young soldiers later we walked away, having accomplishing absolutely nothing, not even removing Ho Chi Min from power. Only to have the people we were fighting to keep a democracy be over ran by the North Vietnamese, and put under communist rule. the very thing we had spent over 10 years fighting against.
    Last edited by CloudSeeder; 10-15-2004 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSeeder
    I have to agree here especially in the case of Kerry. When he came back from Vietnam he demonstrated with Jane Fonda against the war. He even testified in congress opposing the war in Vietnam. In one of his debates when he was referring to "the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time" he said he would have the UN involved in the training of Iraqi troops. Has he forgotten the fact that this very thing is what got us in Vietnam in the first place and 50,000 young soldiers later we walked away, having accomplishing absolutely nothing, not even removing Ho Chi Min from power. Only to have the people we were fighting to keep a democracy be over ran by the North Vietnamese, and put under communist rule. the very thing we had spent over 10 years fighting against.
    Bottomline:

We weren't supposed to be there.
    Pick your battles carefully.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSeeder

I never understood why you were there in the 1st place...

A country that had a war for Independance, fighting to keep another country a European Colony... Hypocracy

As to changing your mind, another example is GW Bush, who was for the Vietnam War, but a couple of months later signed a paper NOT volunteering for oversea's,.... Like i said, a little older, and changed his mind...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Bottomline:

We weren't supposed to be there.
    Pick your battles carefully.
    My point exactly, yet Kerry is proposing the exact foreign policy that put us there in the first place.
    Korea: entered by Harry Truman (dem) at the request of UN (still there)
    Vietnam: entered by John Kennedy (dem) at the request of UN withdrawn by Richard Nixon (rep)
    Bosnia: Entered by Bill Clinton (dem) at the request of UN (still there)
    Iraq: Entered by George Bush (rep) withdrawn by George Bush
    Afghanistan: Entered by George W. Bush (rep) (still there) (not finished)
    Iraq: Entered by George W. Bush (rep) (still there) (not finished)
    We were in Korea (fighting) for over 3 years, and we were in Vietnam (fighting) for over 10 years. (helping France I might add here). We have been in Iraq (fighting) for 19 months, elections have been held in Afghanistan, are scheduled for January in Iraq. What are we supposed to do, just withdraw, leaving yet another war unfinished? True there were no WMD found, but when Congress voted overwhelmingly to go to Iraq even John Kerry thought there were, and he voted to go

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast