Thread: Patent case Autoplay.

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Poor Microsoft! But the autoplay is something we all take for granted I guess.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5...tag=mynetscape

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    How the hell did they manage to patent autoplay?

I think I'll go file a cleverly worded patent which covers basically anything you can do on a computer. Then sit back and become a very rich man.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee

I think I'll go file a cleverly worded patent which covers basically anything you can do on a computer. Then sit back and become a very rich man.
    this has been tried lots already with varying success. sometimes its cheaper for companies to pay you off rather then pay lawyers.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Pfft...how gay. I disabled autoplay a long time ago anyways, no bother to me.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Poor Microsoft
    Talk about your oxymoron...
    The answer is out there. It's coming for you.
    And when it does you will make a choice.
    You will choose to accept this answer, or to deny it.
    And your decision will affect the very foundations of your being.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee

It's ridiculous sometimes, I heard of a company which thinks it purchased the patent for the shopping cart and is pushing the courts to require every company online which uses a cart to give them 5% revenue. These various big companies scour the patent archives for early internet patents and then purchase them. Another company purchased a patent put up by some guy back in the early 90's which vaguely described video streaming technology. Now the company is trying to get every site streaming video, including personal pages, closed. It's pretty pathetic. A bunch of white collar criminals are trying to turn the internet into their own personal domain. It won't be long before the politicians start getting their greedy hands in it as well and start imposing taxes and regulations. I know John Traitor probably salivates over the idea. The patient office needs to re-examine all those early internet patents put out back when the patent office didn't understand the technology. It's pretty pathetic that things like the shopping cart, video streaming, even freaking 'frames', is being litigated by a bunch of greedy fkers.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by raen7
    Talk about your oxymoron...

You calling me a moron?

JK . Its slow tonite!