Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Picture Breaks My Heart

That's pretty fucking sick man. Geeze.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by Huh?@27 March 2003 - 00:31
    That's pretty fucking sick man. Geeze.
    What is ??????

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Not your post, the picture. That's pretty sick.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    That is really gross that is fucked up. that leg thing is damn gross omg u sick fucks.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    perhaps you expect war to be

1) US soldiers giving candies to smiling starving iraqi children
    2) US putting out oil fires
    3) US clearing mines

i would like to point out that NONE of this need to take place if US has been a little more diplomatic.

the truth is.
    war is ugly, messy business.

it should be avoided as much as possible.

the way i see it, this war is unjust, illegal and immoral

the iraqis have compromised time and again.
    (what ?! you want to check our palaces ? NO ! .. ummm. very well then)
    (what ?! you want us to disarm our missiles ? NO ! .. umm very well then)
    and etc.

the goal post just keeps shifting with each compromise.
    Most of the world can see that it is US that is pushing for war.

.. and now they just want the world to see the nice side of war ?

*disgusted *

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    theres no nice side to war. the us is almost regretting this now. major casualties are comin. tho they cant back out cuz look what it took ta get there. the surrendered soldiers have been let go and are goin back to fight. they dont like saddam, but theyve been invaded. the us wanted it to go quick, but it wont. shit baghdads gonna be demolished completely. more of those pics ta come. (please dont post ne more).

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by eng60340@26 March 2003 - 08:37
    if you watch the bbc world news.
    you will be shown this picture.
    unfortunately the picture is cropped such that the injured leg is not shown...

i am pretty pissed with the way cnn is reporting the news.
    bbc is a little better.
    but i feel that i am not getting the full unbiased picture most times..

too bad i dunno arabic else the al jazeera might be a good alternative.

btw. there's an english version of the website for al jazeera.. unfortunately it is not online now..
    probably taken down by the govt.

so much for freedom of speech.
    There is a site on the web that has an English Language version of Al-Jazeera T.V. it's called :

mprofaca.cro.net

If I was any good with a computer I'd post a link, but I've just got in from work and I'm fuckin' knackered!!

I posted this adddress in another thread the other day, it's a massive site 500,000 pages, plus it has excellant links to other news resources. I'd give this site a look if I were you. Hope this helps a bit.

By the way, the posted picture was pretty gory but I've seen worse in my time. Pictures of bulldozers at Auschwitz, Belsen, etc. The Japanese occupation of Manchuria.

I think the coverage of the war on British T.V has been very disappointing, but it's more evenhanded than C.N.N which I catch on satellite. C.N.N seems to only see it from the American point of view. .News should be unbiased, a difficult thing nowadays.
    Signature removed

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It's been a very long time since there's been a long war. In all seriousness, most of you probably don't remember one. Most of what's "known" about war is now from Hollywood movies, video games, and old footage, perhaps to a lesser extent certain books, but they too are falling into disuse.

Lest we forget.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by soopaman@27 March 2003 - 09:20
    I think the coverage of the war on British T.V has been very disappointing, but it's more evenhanded than C.N.N which I catch on satellite. C.N.N seems to only see it from the American point of view. .News should be unbiased, a difficult thing nowadays.
    News has never been unbiased. To get an unbiased opinion takes sifting through many different sources, filtering out that bias, and soaking the truths in, in which case you apply your personal bias to it.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+27 March 2003 - 09:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 27 March 2003 - 09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--soopaman@27 March 2003 - 09:20
    I think the coverage of the war on British T.V has been very disappointing, but it&#39;s more evenhanded than C.N.N which I catch on satellite. C.N.N seems to only see it from the American point of view. .News should be unbiased, a difficult thing nowadays.
    News has never been unbiased. To get an unbiased opinion takes sifting through many different sources, filtering out that bias, and soaking the truths in, in which case you apply your personal bias to it.

[/b][/quote]

I did say "should be unbiased" I didn&#39;t say it wasn&#39;t&#33;&#33;
    I do try to read at least 4 Daily newspapers, watch a couple of hours of news a day (both national and international) and read through reams of shit on the net. You are right to say that you should make your own mind up, I agree entirely. Maybe some of the "younger" or "less read" members should consult more than the first image that hits their retina, or at least think about it for a bit&#33;&#33;

:flame:Flame On&#33;&#33;&#33;:flame:

Or if you&#39;re called Zardoz spew the first inanities that come into your, for want of a better word, mind. A mind which seems to thrive on provocation and attention&#33;&#33;

Cheers.

Signature removed

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast