Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .RAR password cracks.

Poster
    Ok, I downloaded a movie and it was rar'ed

It is password protected but I don't have the damn thing.

Is there a way I can crack it open?

Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    yes there are password crackers but generally people now use long passwords which would take way too long.

is there a txt, nfo file or even a web address in the file name. if so go to the site and see if they have the password.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    It's in another language...the web site.

Which probably means that the file is in another language as well...damn.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    Where can you get them?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Thanks but it won't let me crack pw with more than 3 characters with the trial version...anyway to get around this?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    find a crack for the password cracker to make it full

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P

Laugh

Hello!

Can you tell us the name of that movie file and also the address to that website that is to the release group?.

Most often you would not need to bother with a password cracker because the password is almost always either included in the nfo or txt file that you can open in Note Pad and have a look or the password simply is the address to the website itself without the http:// part, for instance a music album I just downloaded (Future Trance Volume 29 http://mirror2.ge-server.to/index.ph...n=view&id=3395) had the following password www.goldesel.6x.to which is a german release site for ed2k stuff. When I opened the archive in Winrar I saw several address alternatives written in the right window pane so I descided to simply have a visit to one of those addresses and then on that website looked up my file and there I saw the password info in english that said that the address above was the correct password. The other addresses that was in the archive pointed to the same site. Why there where several addresses I dont know but probably because they want you to visit their site and have a look there. Thats the only reason I can think of to password protect P2P content to force people to visit the site it was released to so that you dont just have to use the P2P client alone but also visit the site!. If you ask me I think this is a little childlish and has only recently become a trend and I guess we will be seeing more of it in the future!.
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; 10-15-2004 at 11:16 PM.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am]

the info and movie are all in the zip.

I did visit the site but couldnt navigate becuase of the language barrier.

Thanks for the answers...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\Movies\ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am]\LESEN_WICHTIG.txt (wrong password ?)
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\Movies\ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[http://www.saugsektor.dl.am]\Reservo...by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].mpg (wrong password ?)
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\Movies\ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am]\www.saugsektor.dl.am.url (wrong password ?)

thats the errors that I get.
    Last edited by Lyrok; 10-15-2004 at 11:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast