Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My PC keeps shuting down

n18's Avatar Death God
    after a few minutes i get a window saying windows will shut down in 1 minute

this is after formating my hd, and installing Verizon DSL software. formated

it say: this shhutdown was initiated by NT authority/System

Meggage: The system processs C:windows/system32/lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code 1073741819. the system will now studown and restard

herlp

phew barely managed to sumibt thread, before my pc shutdown had 1 second left ...But damn what the hell. I'll try formating again.
    Last edited by n18; 10-16-2004 at 03:57 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    when you get the message quickly go to start>run>type 'shutdown -a' and the shutdown will stop.

This is a virus you have. Go to windowsupdate.com and get all of the latest updates. Then download and isntall a good av like NOD32 or Kaspersky and sca. Delete any virus files.

btw, the shutdown will only happen while online, so you can scan with teh internet disconnected.

oh ya and none of this would have happened if you used a good up-todate firewall.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    if that's our good old blaster virus, the xp firewall will block it until you can download a removal tool, and get your updates

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    n18's Avatar Death God
    how can i get a virus after formatting and only installing windows & dsl oh well , ill do an updateand scan for viruses asap tho.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    It might not be the blaster worm, because i had this problem and Dell technical support told me to do all of this st uff with updates, and the blaster worm removal tool. And nothing worked, so we just disabled the service where it tells you the pc is going to shut down, and then i had no more problems.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    start>run>type 'shutdown -a' and the shutdown will stop.
    nice trik thanx

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    n18's Avatar Death God
    i scanned with one of them online scanners and nothing, i get this No viruses on nod32 either.

anyone know why i cant enter gmail.com or do any windows updates,

when i go to windows update, and i pick a tpye of instal ( typical or expert or something like that) i get this:

[Error number: 0x800A0007]
    Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page. You may find the following resources helpful in resolving the problem:

and when i go to gmail.com ( to get my serial for avg) it won't show up bah im starting to get a little...well help?
    Last edited by n18; 10-16-2004 at 05:56 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    n18's Avatar Death God
    I also get a pop up telling my my system is vourneable with the address to

http://www.windowspatch.net/

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    it has to be a worm...no other things can create such a weird problem
    if u can't go to a lot of antivirus websites or even windows update, then ur Hosts file might've been tampered

goto this directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc...open up ur Hosts file with notepad
    if u see a lot of "127.0.0.1" pointing to various antivirus websites...remove them

hope this helps

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    _
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    if that's our good old blaster virus, the xp firewall will block it until you can download a removal tool, and get your updates
    Nope, it's Sasser.

See where it says lsass.exe? That's the file Sasser exploits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast