Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems burning CDs

TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Power calibration error? It used to work fine before. I've tried different songs at different speeds. Different programs too and they still dont work

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Try different media at slower speeds.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    http://www.nero.com/en/632181809668074.html#23

http://www.gidforums.com/t-1805.html I didnt have the problem myself so I dont know if that will work.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Tru uninstall the cd burner in device manager then restart and let it reinstall.

edit: after searching google I see that it could be bad media, dirty lens, or in need of a firmware update.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDave
    Power calibration error? It used to work fine before.
    Daft statement.
    Everything that stops working properly has worked previously.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Like rossco_2004 said if you haven't upated fimware in awhile its a good idea anyhow...Also have a look at "nero info tool",ensure DMA is on for the drive(configuration tab in nero info tool) also check if the aspi layer is installed correctly...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    how would i go about updating the firmware? would i go to the manufacturors (bad sp) site and download the correct one for device

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    yep that's exactly it trd.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Unlikely to be a firmware issue unless you've changed media type and the new media is not supported.

Have you just got some new media (even the same type)? If so, it could be that the power calibration track is missing/damaged. I've come across that before with cheap disks.

Look on the underside of the disk. In the middle of the disk, about 2mm inside the main burning area, there should be a track which just makes a single ring of the disk. If that track is missing or damaged (not circular) you will get power calibration errors.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Well it wasn't the disk as i managed to transfer the media to my laptop and burn it there. It also isn't the media or the speed because I have tried different ones and still get the problem. We had an electricion come around on friday, he turned the power off while my PC was on and that's the only thing that i think could have caused the error.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast