Thread: new case...which psu????

Poster
    just bought a new case, its an atx mid-tower and it doesnt come with a psu. i was wondering if i can just go to newegg and buy a atx psu and will it fit into the case? or would it depends? i havent recieved the case yet, but i wanted to get the psu the same time i recieved my case so i can move my stuff into the new case.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    any atx psu will fit.

Make sure not to get a cheap one though. Name brands like Antec, thermaltake, enermax, and some otehrs are the best ones.

Post which one you are loooking at before buying ti so we can tell you if it's good.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    any atx psu will fit.

Make sure not to get a cheap one though. Name brands like Antec, thermaltake, enermax, and some otehrs are the best ones.

Post which one you are loooking at before buying ti so we can tell you if it's good.
    k thanks....cuz i went on newegg and i looked under category and i saw atx, microatx, atx12v, atx 2.03....and i was so confused...

how about powmax...do they make any good psu? i saw one on newegg and the reviews suggested that it was pretty good. i know i want to stay away from thermaltake and antec because im kinda on a budget as i need to get a mobo too....hehe

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    " i know i want to stay away from thermaltake and antec because im kinda on a budget as i need to get a mobo too....hehe" Don't worry Motherboards are overated... you don't really need one Just enjoy the case and the good psu. But seriously spend a little bit more now ,or regret it later and have to buy another psu again...Just bought an Antec 380 for 50$ Can the price was right ...But now I'm thinking ,hope Its powerful enough for the future...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    another question...how much power do i really need? my old microatx machine is running on a 300w psu and its fine. I know some of the higher gfx card requires more power, but would a 350/400 be enough?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    400watt should be enough.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    400watt should be enough.
    Providing the quality of the PSU is decent of coarse....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiweiler
    Providing the quality of the PSU is decent of coarse....
    ya well i already said that before.