Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Being Redirected at Hotmail

Nope, I don't use any proxies.

rossco, I don't find anything in there that appears to be related to hotmail.

I don't particularly like hotmail but I do use messenger on occassion and that is really the only reason I'd like to get it going again. That and the fact that I would just really like to know why it is suddenly doing this.

By the way, anyone have a firefox download link?
    Last edited by coldnorth; 10-24-2004 at 06:03 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Thanks rossco

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Downloaded Firefox. Can't get anywhere with it. No matter where I try to go it says connection refused. I wonder if this has anything to do with the problems I have been having?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by coldnorth
    Downloaded Firefox. Can't get anywhere with it. No matter where I try to go it says connection refused. I wonder if this has anything to do with the problems I have been having?
    Hello!

Do you mean that you cant get anywhere on any site with Firefox??

That sure is an interesting problem you have there!.

Maybe your hosts file are fucked up!.

Try to get to Hotmail directly by using its Ip address and see if you can get there that way. Here is the link:

http://207.68.172.239

Also make sure that you check your DNS settings so that they match those given to you by your ISP. Some HiJackers change the DNS information.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Yep, can't get anywhere with Firefox. Removed it and reinstalled and have the same problem. I can get to hotmail just fine(on IE). Only when I put in password and try to enter my e-mail it instantly goes to The page cannot be displayed. I suspect that the problem is with my computer, possibly the browser. I have received a lot of spyware lately and wonder if in getting rid of it something was deleted that should not have been.

So another question. Can I re-install windows XP by just writing over the windows files? I don't want to re-format and loose everything I have on here.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Yes when you install either don't format when it asks too or do a "repair install"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by coldnorth
    Yep, can't get anywhere with Firefox. Removed it and reinstalled and have the same problem. I can get to hotmail just fine(on IE). Only when I put in password and try to enter my e-mail it instantly goes to The page cannot be displayed. I suspect that the problem is with my computer, possibly the browser. I have received a lot of spyware lately and wonder if in getting rid of it something was deleted that should not have been.

So another question. Can I re-install windows XP by just writing over the windows files? I don't want to re-format and loose everything I have on here.
    Hello!

Dont give up just yeat!

There is still a few things to try out first!

It is still strange that FireFox wont work at all for you!

Maybe it is worth a shot and try to use Opera instead which I use as an alternative browser and it is very good!.

Now to the Hotmail problem. You say you can atleast visit Hotmail that is a good thing!.

First clear out all browser history and your cookies and see if that helps any!.

Next step!

There is a secret log in option to get in to Hotmail and that is this address:

www.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/start

When you click that link you will get a password screen asking for your network username and password just type in your e-mail address and your Hotmail password and see if that lets you in!. If you can get in this way that is great!!

However that dont solve the issue!

Try this in Internet Options:

Go to Tools >>Internet options >> security and klick custom level and make sure that the security level setting is set to normal then click the reset button to reset the normal settings and then in the option list make sure that "Allow meta refresh" is enabled. Now close IE and then try again and see if you can log in again(but dont forget to empty cookies and history in the previous step)!.

Another thing you can try is to reset/clear the SSL permits/certificates

In Internet options go to the Content tab(not exactly sure what it is called in english Windows XP) and then under the Security Certificates click the reset/clear SSl permits button and see if that helps any incase the former option above did not help!.
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; 10-24-2004 at 11:32 PM.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    This may be a stupid question but in windows XP are the cookies kept as a dat file under documents and settings? Like I said stupid question but I'm new to XP, I miss win 98 and even 95.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Well, nothing seems to work. Anyone have any other ideas?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast