Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Without a Doubt

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    There is a large protion of America that isn't religious, at least not in the typical indoctrinated way. Bush doesn't just "look" for guidance. God tells him what to do, god speaks to and through him, etc.. Remember his crusade comment? He thinks he's god's spokesman, blah, blah, blah.
    Last edited by ruthie; 10-19-2004 at 02:53 PM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    A lot of people think they do God's work. I don't always agree with their thought processes, but a lot do think they do.

You attack the religious in America, those that think like Bush, you attack quite a few.

But then I am afraid I have lost sight of what you are trying to do here, Ruthie. I have read what you offer, I have often read less biased views before the issue hits this board, and right wing views.

I think most on this board do.

But what of the person who reads, evaluates and still comes up with a candidate different than yours, Ruthe? Can you accept that?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    A lot of people think they do God's work. I don't always agree with their thought processes, but a lot do think they do.

You attack the religious in America, those that think like Bush, you attack quite a few.

But then I am afraid I have lost sight of what you are trying to do here, Ruthie. I have read what you offer, I have often read less biased views before the issue hits this board, and right wing views.

I think most on this board do.

But what of the person who reads, evaluates and still comes up with a candidate different than yours, Ruthe? Can you accept that?
    I don't attack the "religious americans" There are religious people that don't think like Bush, at all. Mixing church and state is, however, an issue, especially when it influences policy.
    What am I trying to do? A week or so ago, it was stated I have an agenda. I agreed that that was true..to get Bush and his dangerous administration out of office. Of course, I have other agenda's too.
    I have no problem with people having differing opinions than I do. Diversity makes the world go round. Hell, my son will probably vote for Nader. He's entitled to vote how he wants, as is everyone.
    I do think it is important for people to educate themselves, though. I do not only read what many term "liberal" news. What people term liberal is a joke. Kerry a liberal? Nada. Me? yup.

anywhichway

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    I am glad to hear this. That you can accept that other people do read, other people are just as educated as you on the subject and still can come up with different conclusions than you.

BTW, do you know if there exists a link to Kerry's actual voting record? Not with commentary, but just his voting record?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I am glad to hear this. That you can accept that other people do read, other people are just as educated as you on the subject and still can come up with different conclusions than you.

BTW, do you know if there exists a link to Kerry's actual voting record? Not with commentary, but just his voting record?
    Project Vote Smart

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

I would be interested in that as well.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    Thanks Ruthe, I really appreciate it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    while i dont believe in any of the organized religion, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I do think however that it should be seperate from issues. Granted, ppl integrate their faith into their lives, but from what i have seen (and it isnt much as im working alot and rarely home to watch news and debates and such) Bush does put it outthere alot more than most.

You're right there Everose, to be wary of it. While there is a large number of ppl that are of the same faith as Bush, there are plenty of people that Im sure can keep it to themselves. My question is, do any of you know how much religious stuff Kerry puts into his speeches? (Sorry, Im trying to get up to date on the recent things I have missed).

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Kerry was asked about his faith in one of the debates, and he did talk about it. He also adds comments here and there, which I wish he wouldn't. That's just because I strongly believe in church and state seperation.

anywhichway

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    The difficulty of running for office in the some countries, and the US appears to be one of them, is that certain sections of the population want a bone of recognition thrown their way on these matters during elections.

In truth, Bush has thrown big bones but done surprisingly little. A matter not lost on the Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells - who rate Bush little better than most of his predecessors. I believe it is called Real Politik.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast