Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Case Idea

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    I now have my new computer, up and hapilly running, this is a matter of what to do with the old one. Instead of just hooking up the old case and done I got a better idea, an all wooden case about 10 inches square, and 15 innches tall, divided into to sections the bottom, about 70 % of the case will house the compaq, mobo, hard drive, cd, psu, and all with a nice wooden front. The upper part of the case will hold my xbox mobo psu hard drive and all that.

So my idea is a wooden, home thearter system, built in xbox, since the 9000aiw has svideo out I can get a converter to go to my tv, a keyboard and the mouse remote and all. Ill be running linux, probally slackware because my friend is making a linux box so he can help me better with the same os. Im gonna use the linux box, to learn to code C and PHP, because I think thats part of where I'll be heading for college in a few years. So all I need help with now is the linux questions to come, and a few linux compatible progs too.

Any help/comments/ideas greatly appreiciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You'll have to keep up us updated , here's some ideas.

http://www.exoticwoodcrafts.com/

Edit: Hey this is neat, a case out of a normal wood coffee table!

http://www.dwpg.com/content.php?contid=3&artid=160
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-22-2004 at 03:05 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Well I already put the order in for the case should be nice, If I ever get a digital camer Ill open her up and take some pics.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Ohh Ohh, case tomarrow maybe w00t.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    OK, the case is really nice, spent the last couple days cramming the xbox in there, because that was more of an afterthought, so i figured, get it out of the way. Ive been cuting holes in the back, spent 3 hours soldering yesterday, to extend the 2 inch atx cable on the xbox psu to a workable length, and I just plugged it in, 1 more problem to solve though is the mounting of the dvd drive and hard drive, but basically im done with that. Will update more later.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman3
    OK, the case is really nice, spent the last couple days cramming the xbox in there, because that was more of an afterthought, so i figured, get it out of the way. Ive been cuting holes in the back, spent 3 hours soldering yesterday, to extend the 2 inch atx cable on the xbox psu to a workable length, and I just plugged it in, 1 more problem to solve though is the mounting of the dvd drive and hard drive, but basically im done with that. Will update more later.
    Is the xbox out of it's casing or did you just put the xbox inside the case as a whole?

and do you have a digital camera?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Well the original Idea, was for a linux box, so i can learn linux, and c++ and all that, but then my friend was talking about an entertainment center, so i just said, make the box 3 inches higher and Ill make it work. Which in all made it a lot more difficult. The xbox is out of its case, I had to move the psu infront of the mother board, but the 2 in atx cable wasn't long enough.

And no, no digital camera, but my motorolla v600 comes with a camera thats supposed to be good, anyway to send the files to my computer via mail?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    We want pictures, dammit, pictures.

Does it look anything like this:

Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Not at all, can I just say, send pictures from my phone to my email?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    if your phone has infared, then you can transfer them through an irda to your pc.
    <insert signature here>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast