Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Anti-war/protest Song?

i suggest Operation Ivy - Unity
    anyone else?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Bob Marley and the Wailers: "War" tells it all!
    It's on the "Rastaman Vibration" album.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    two tribes.... franky goes to hollywood is the best imo especially with the videoclip....

runner ups....
    war - edwin starr is one
    give peace a chance - john lennon

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    There's a new anti-war track by DJ shadow and Zach De La Rocha (ex of Rage against the Machine). I think its called March of Death. Its good but I still cant make out what Zach is ranting. Just as well that its up on a site with the lyrics along side the download.

http://www.marchofdeath.com/

LJ

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    system of a down "boom"

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die-Rag By Country Joe sung at Woodstock

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@26 March 2003 - 20:56
    system of a down "boom"
    I would have to go with that one too!!!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    jakert50's Avatar Poster
    Anti-war song, eh? How about just singing "I'm an idiot."

You see, protesting against war is sort of an oxy-moron (or however you spell it). To put it into view, those soldiers overthere are fighting for the Iraqi's freedom, and our freedom (and safety) as well. They are fighting for your free speech, of which you are using against them. They fight wars so you can protest, and protest against them fighting wars. Now, does that not make sense or what?
    I'm just sick and tired of all these anti-war people who really have nothing better to do than to out and proclaim that they are better than everyone else (including those who are fighting for you), and stand on their soap box and tell everyone they are wrong. We have been waiting 12 years for this war. Enough resolutions have been passed, and because the UN (which doesn't work anymore) didn't take the initiative, we did. And how about the inspectors' jobs? Well, I guess the illegal weapons that Sadam was shooting out of his country weren't really from him, were they...?
    Seriously... if you were fighting for something, would you want others to put you down and tell you basically in your face that what you are doing is wrong and worthless?

Personally, I stand up for, salute, and support our troops, whether overseas, over the boarder, or across the street. And you should too.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    "Machine Gun" by Jimi Hendrix. The live version on the Band of Gypsys L.P is sublime. The way the precussion and bass hold the song together while Jimi goes off is amazing. If you haven't heard it - Get Downloading!!
    Signature removed

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by jakert50@27 March 2003 - 06:34
    Anti-war song, eh? How about just singing "I'm an idiot."

You see, protesting against war is sort of an oxy-moron (or however you spell it). To put it into view, those soldiers overthere are fighting for the Iraqi's freedom, and our freedom (and safety) as well. They are fighting for your free speech, of which you are using against them. They fight wars so you can protest, and protest against them fighting wars. Now, does that not make sense or what?
    I'm just sick and tired of all these anti-war people who really have nothing better to do than to out and proclaim that they are better than everyone else (including those who are fighting for you), and stand on their soap box and tell everyone they are wrong. We have been waiting 12 years for this war. Enough resolutions have been passed, and because the UN (which doesn't work anymore) didn't take the initiative, we did. And how about the inspectors' jobs? Well, I guess the illegal weapons that Sadam was shooting out of his country weren't really from him, were they...?
    Seriously... if you were fighting for something, would you want others to put you down and tell you basically in your face that what you are doing is wrong and worthless?

Personally, I stand up for, salute, and support our troops, whether overseas, over the boarder, or across the street. And you should too.
    I agree with you there...cant even get away from this war in musicworld!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast