Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Person's Opinion

ElvisLover's Avatar Gepper #1
    Milosevic getting convicted has nothing to do with Clinton, thats down to The Hague and the long drawn out trial - no one can tell them to hurry it up

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Eloquent
    If inaccurate.

A small example would be that no troops entered Serbia and the first "Coalition Troops" to enter the disputed province of Kosova were Russian (at Serbian invitation).

Also, Milosovic was not a military dictator. He tended to win elections by playing on Serb fears rather than by fear (as was the case of Saddam). His party lost the elections after the war and they abided by that decision. It required no outside troops to conduct it. The ultra nationalists are still in Serbian politics and could return if the Serbian people wanted them.

Another would be the relative costs of the wars - I think "utter mince" would be the best way to describe those two sets of figures.

However, it would be fair to say that Bill was no saint - it was just that he was a lot more loveable than Smirky the Monkey and all his little devils.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    [QUOTE=scroff]First, Clinton isn't running. Second, I'm always sceptical of any email that doesn't provide links or citations for sources of the stated "facts". Third, with Bush in office you'll still have Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rice, Powell and all the other dark underlings I can't recall right at this moments. Fourth, I've seen this before.

If you want to know how to vote spend some time, alot of time, reading as many original sources of information about each candidte as you can, then make your decision, on your own. Don't rely on the information from the DNC or the RNC or from the pundits. Find it for yourself.

btw, the $87,000,000,000 was supplemental, on top of $79,000,000,000, but your email doesn't say that. See what I mean?

btw btw This is a right wing piece that has been floating around for awhile, not an original email from your friend. 'She' may have forwarded it to you, but 'she' didn't write it.

btw btw btw, The report states that the April 11 Tax Freedom day is the lowest in 37 years, but that false 1991 year makes it look worse for the democrats. Also, while the Tax Foundation claims to be nonpartisan, their funding comes from the Sarah Scaife Foundation, considered one of the top four conservtive foundations and the Earhart Foundation, also considered a conservative biggie, and their executive director, Scott Hodge, is a former research analyst for the Heritage Foundation, a neo-conservative public policy research institute whose stated mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies.

So, take it from the source. This doesn't mean it's wrong, just worth further examination.

Oh, btw again.... Mr. Bush reported $822,126 in adjusted gross income for last year, on which he paid $227,490 in federal income taxes, Sen. Kerry reported $395,000 in taxable income and paid $90,575 in federal income taxes.[/QUOTE]

Links, since you were the one that brought the subject up

BTW I didn't say who wrote it, I said I received this from a friend. I know for a fact she hasn't decided who to vote for. She came across this while doing her research as you suggested.

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSeeder

Links, since you were the one that brought the subject up

BTW I didn't say who wrote it, I said I received this from a friend. I know for a fact she hasn't decided who to vote for. She came across this while doing her research as you suggested.
    C'mon Manny. I know you are able to do some research/searches yourself. If you really want to educate yourself/be educated, you would search out information.
    However, we tend to be pretty good about links.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    C'mon Manny. I know you are able to do some research/searches yourself. If you really want to educate yourself/be educated, you would search out information.
    Its not manny

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Its not manny
    Cloudseeder aka TROUBLE MAKER bka SHELL SHOCKED aka......

There aren't many conservatives on the board (and for good reason).
    I probably can count the number on my hands.

voetsek
    Cloudseeder
    j2k4
    spinningfreemanny
    BigBank Hank
    B.Helto

Some of them have alter egos and some for that matter may be the same on that list.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-19-2004 at 02:10 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    Scroff is the one that was complaining about there being no links
    According to the way I read Scroffs post one shouldn't have to do the research, the one doing the posting should provide them

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Cloudseeder aka TROUBLE MAKER bka SHELL SHOCKED aka......

There aren't many conservatives on the board (and for good reason).
    I probably can count the number on my hands.

voetsek
    Cloudseeder
    j2k4
    spinningfreemanny
    BigBank Hank
    B.Helto

Some of them have alter egos and some for that matter may be the same on that list.
    So what is this good reason you are talking about?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSeeder
    So what is this good reason you are talking about?
    In a global sense your views are in the minority and this is an international board.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast