Thread: Games For Windows LIVE

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Good idea?

It seems that Xbox LIVE Gold members get GFW LIVE Gold for free.

I think it's a good idea.

Imo, there needs to be some standard for gaming on the PC (plus a nice market for small form-factor PCs).

2. Games   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The platform standards for the GFW is a good idea but with reference to the Live thing I don't play games online so it's not much interest to me personally. But I did read this recently about Shadowrun, which will be the first game 360 players will be able to play against PC players.

Console vs. PC Game

Shadowrun will be the flagship title for the Games for Windows - Live service that allows Windows Vista PC users to be fully integrated into Xbox Live. In Shadowrun, you can play Xbox 360 versus PC seamlessly, with adjustments to balance gameplay between the two different control interfaces.

Criticism

Criticism of Shadowrun has focused in part on the changes made in order to balance the PC and console versions in online play. FASA has implemented a feature which will distort the PC's aiming reticule during quick turns[5]. PC players, who have a more sensitive control scheme, are able to turn significantly faster than their controller brethren and would have gained an unfair advantage. The console players will also have a form of autoaim since controllers are not as capable of 'pixel-accuracy' adjustments.
    It'll be interesting to see if hamstringing the PC players will work or if a mod will come out which turns off the handicap.

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    The platform standards for the GFW is a good idea but with reference to the Live thing I don't play games online so it's not much interest to me personally. But I did read this recently about Shadowrun, which will be the first game 360 players will be able to play against PC players.

Console vs. PC Game

Shadowrun will be the flagship title for the Games for Windows - Live service that allows Windows Vista PC users to be fully integrated into Xbox Live. In Shadowrun, you can play Xbox 360 versus PC seamlessly, with adjustments to balance gameplay between the two different control interfaces.

Criticism

Criticism of Shadowrun has focused in part on the changes made in order to balance the PC and console versions in online play. FASA has implemented a feature which will distort the PC's aiming reticule during quick turns[5]. PC players, who have a more sensitive control scheme, are able to turn significantly faster than their controller brethren and would have gained an unfair advantage. The console players will also have a form of autoaim since controllers are not as capable of 'pixel-accuracy' adjustments.
    It'll be interesting to see if hamstringing the PC players will work or if a mod will come out which turns off the handicap.
    That's fucking weird and stupid. Here's an idea....

Why doesn't M$ come out with a fucking mouse for the 360?

I wanna see how good this Shadowrun game looks and plays.
    (off to gametrailers)

4. Games   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Shadowrun was a brilliant action-RPG for the SNES in the early 90's, based off some pen & paper RPG. I was really hoping for a decent RPG when I heard they were releasing a new game but was disappointed to learn it was some sort of MMOFPS game.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Shadowrun was a brilliant action-RPG for the SNES in the early 90's, based off some pen & paper RPG. I was really hoping for a decent RPG when I heard they were releasing a new game but was disappointed to learn it was some sort of MMOFPS game.
    Yeah I heard it was from an old game but this doesn't look bad at all.

However, I wanna see what the single game plays like before I judge.

I like multiplayer and all and this one seems a little different (with the magic and stuff) but I don't want games strictly due to multiplayer. I want them first and foremost for single-player with multiplayer to top it off.