Thread: NFTS partition resizing in Mandrake

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Guess it was time for another Linux question?

I've got the ISOs for Mandrake 10.1 Community, and am trying to go through the installation. However, I haven't got further than the partition management - I can't seem to resize the Windows partition (which takes 100% of the HDD ATM), and attempts to resize via Mandrake result in a "Disk Error: Bad sectors or manufacturing fault".

In preparation, before I tried the installation I ran ScanDisk (ala CHKDSK at startup) and File Defragmenter a few times.

Is there any way I can resize the Windows partition without having to reinstalling piking Windows?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Guess it was time for another Linux question?

I've got the ISOs for Mandrake 10.1 Community, and am trying to go through the installation. However, I haven't got further than the partition management - I can't seem to resize the Windows partition (which takes 100% of the HDD ATM), and attempts to resize via Mandrake result in a "Disk Error: Bad sectors or manufacturing fault".

In preparation, before I tried the installation I ran ScanDisk (ala CHKDSK at startup) and File Defragmenter a few times.

Is there any way I can resize the Windows partition without having to reinstalling piking Windows?
    Partion Magic 8

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Anything free - Ain't got the ability to use P2P networks ATM

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/

This is a clone of Partition Magic, i've used it and it works well. It's a frontend for parted, so you will need parted as well

BTW, if you have knoppix, this should be on it

Good luck

Last edited by LSA; 10-26-2004 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Adding screenshot