Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corrupted .bin Files In Kazaa

I still use Kazaa,but I need to download two or three copy's and use CDMAGE to repair the corrupted sectors. Then I import the good sectors also using CDMAGE from the other files to replace the bad sectors in the file with the least errors to make one good file.

2. Games   -   #12
    Would it not be faster to use direct connect and get the good file once???
    or even try e-mule, overnet just in case it will download at a good speed.??

to each his own I suppose..

3. Games   -   #13
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@26 March 2003 - 18:07
    some one needs to pin this I am also tired of having to tell people that their downloads are corrupted
    Welcome to my world. Now you see how boring it gets to post so many times of the same thing? You could let other people answer the question though.

4. Games   -   #14
    Bobc
    It's true !!!!!!
    I've been using Kazza for ages and have been v. impressed in the past. However I've recentley tried to get C&C generals (both the .exe and the 2CD .bin versions). I'm on cable broadband so tried the .exe at least 5 times and both the .bin files twice.
    Every one was corrupted and wouldn't work.

So on Monday I downloaded eMule v0.27c and went for 'em all again and guess what?

Yup .... everything worked first time ... no errors, no corruption, no hastle.
    Took a bit longer than I'm used to but it's a small price to pay for a guaranteed working file.

How does eMule do this ?

5. Games   -   #15
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It has error correction. Basically, if it downloads part of a file that's corrupt, it trashes it and downloads it again from another source until it gets a non-corrupt part.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Games   -   #16
    I cannot get my emule off of low ID so it downloads so slow. I don't mind fixing the corrupted Kazaa files, but this also takes time.
    Perhaps I should give Overnet a try,is it any good though?

7. Games   -   #17
    Ok, Overnet is better than e-mule. No question about that. The problem is that it sometimes never downloads the file and at times I can get at least 69 kb/s.....well very few times.

Go with direct connect. No problems with that.

Kazaa I fear is probley a large fault in the corruption in game files. Its takes only a tiny error to ruin everything.
    Jumping supernods in the middle of downloads will almost always cause a large bin file to get errors. There not always unfixable if you use cd mage.
    NOw for some reason Kazaa jumps supernods at times on its own. you can check this with the kazaa search tool
    http://kazaasearch.narod.ru/

I assume that the supernod goes off line and then Kazza finds another. I find this happen alot if I have overnight downloads. Its probley the reason movies have pauses in them and continue to get worse the longer the file is out there. This is could spell the end of a download and I have lost .dat files at times because of this. (though not very often)

Kazaa search has a saftey feature that won't allow you to jump nods without the downloads being paused.

Of coures a computer crash can wipe all the downloads in progress as its happend to me (kids bummped the power cord.) in which case overnet or direct connect would be better options for downloads of large program files.

fun.

8. Games   -   #18
    I will give it a try and see how it goes.

9. Games   -   #19
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    So how hard would it actually be to implement an error correction device into Kazaa, perhaps an add on tool is possible??

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by omnix32@27 March 2003 - 01:56
    You&#39;ll need at least 35 gig to share to get on most hubs which should not be a problem as I know most you have pleanty of sources to share.......

I&#39;ve been trying to D/L MW4 Mercs for a month(s) now off of kazaa with no luck. I only have a 14gig HD (4 of that is my shared folder), so using eMule..isn&#39;t an option for me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast