Thread: Norton Systemworks 2003

I have downloaded NSW 2003 which is sitting in my shared folder, but i just can't launch/install it any ideas??

Also does anyone know of any way in which I can get my Sony 735d DVD player to recognise and play CD-R disks??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    For your first question, what file type was your NSW? An .exe, .iso, or something else?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It is an iso? Sorry if I seem a bit dim, I'm new to this game.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Here's a tip on Iso's:

Originally posted by Datamore & modified by Shinigami

An .iso file is a CD image. That means that a whole CD was copied into just one big file.
    These files are meant to be burned onto CDs in order to get an exact copy of the CD from where the .iso file was created (some CDs have copy protections and the image burning won't be enough, so you'll be given a crack too, to run the game or application).
    I recommend using Nero to burn the CD images.
    First of all, use CDmage and check the image file for errors.
    Then open up Nero.
    Go to 'File' > 'Burn Image...'
    Choose the .iso file you want to burn, and click on 'Open'.
    Choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don't want to burn the files you can always use virtual drives to emulate a CD drive (Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% are the best), mount the image files, install the game and run it. All of this from your hard drive.

You can also try a program like WinISO or IsoBuster to extract the files from the .bin or. iso and run the files from your harddrive.

http://www.winiso.com
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    http://www.daemon-tools.org/main.htm

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Many thanks, couldn't download Nero from anywhere, none of the links would work. I did download Isobuster and after a bit of playing about, (more luck than judgement) I managed to extract all the files to install the program. Thats something else i've leant!

Just need to sort out the compatability issue with CD-R and my Sony 735d DVD player, if anyone out there has any ideas?

Cheers.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    have u tried to download it from nero.com? do that and just get the serial number here
    it's at the very top of the list
    i STRONGLY suggest having nero

EDIT*
    have u tried the cd-r's on other dvd players? it could be your player or that your cd's aren't even working

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    McGee's Avatar Poster
    Get Daemon Tools, Nero, and WinRAR. WinRAR is like WinZIP, but opens .zips, .rars, .aces, .cues, wtf ever that's compressed, it should be able to extract . Nero is the most essential CD burning program, and Daemon Tools is just good to have.