Thread: Image organizers?

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Are there any better image organizers than the Windows XP's thumbnail view? I would like one that doesnt have to reload them damn thumbnails all the time.. could do an automatic refresh when it's only in the background. What's the best program for this? Would also be nice if it had a slideshow function that could work with 1,000s of images. I have tons of art, family pics, friends, etc.. all taken from the same intel pocket camera hehe. Alot of visitors enjoy browseing them, so I figure a better browser would be for the best.

edit: I should have titled this "Image Browsers?"

also, i hope it doesnt use a "File Browser" tab to move from folder to folder.. that's not very user friendly. I just want one that'll scan a whole folder of your choice and organize em into categories..or dates, titles, etc.. maybe even allow you to chose genre of the image.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 10-21-2004 at 01:03 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    You need ACDSee - version 7 is now out, and it's got the lot, although it does actually cost money
    Irfanview, however, is free. It doesn't have the user-friendliness or power of ACDSee, but it's quicker for it.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Valjpegger

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    Valjpegger
    Cool. I've been looking for a new image viewer.

But...

Google search results: Your search - Valjpegger - did not match any documents.
    No pages were found containing "valjpegger".

Got a link, 15%?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Vallen JPegger V4.60 (Build 4.1020)
    Posted by SharedHolder on 16 Oct 2004 - 16:39 0 comments
    Vallen JPegger is a handy image viewer program that has been especially designed for browsing through large folders with many images. About 40 different image formats are supported like jpg., .bmp, .pcx, .tif, .png., .gif and many more.Thumbnails of all images in the current directory are created automatically and full scalable print support including print preview for images and thumbnails is also included as well as a slide show mode. Images can be mirrored, rotated and saved. A built-in sound interface allows one to play back MP3, Midi or Wave-files while viewing.Besides viewing images and slide shows, you can also use Jpegger to take quick screenshots of your Windows desktop or applications and find duplicate images. Also includes a full featured MP3 Sound Explorer.

| Developer | Download | 98/ME/NT/2000/XP | Rating: Very Good |

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Thanks very much.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    maskawaih's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +3
    ACDSee