Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now this is where I draw the line!!!!!

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    wanna disect it paragraph by paragraph? I'll help. (you know I'm good for that). She does women no favors with that attitude.

I would love to do that. There is plenty more where that came from. Poor Biggles didn't know what he would unleash when he mentioned her posts all came from a certain camp.

Can you imagine telling your daughter "Oh hon, I succumbed to all his sweet talk, I just really totally lost my brain he was just such a charmer, and you my dear are my blessed reminder/confirmation of the fact that ..............'

Oh what the hell. It is late I am too tired. Tomorrow is Friday. YES!!!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    You know, that article would have made me laugh, except that it wasnt written in humor... the lady was serious. It's sick. What makes it even worse is that there are some people out there that think like she does. SO much for women's lib, huh?

"Women vote their ovaries".... wtf? Does she mean that they don't use their brains? They dont have opinions? In that case, maybe women across the country should just ask their husbands (cuz if she's a good woman she'll be married of course) who to vote for... after all, its a serious subject, and we dont want women mucking it up, right?

As for the part about "Mothers, whose offspring confirm prior experience with some sweet-talkin' dude, know that score by heart.".... good god. I dont even know where to start on this one. I agree with you EVerose, but it seems like we're wrong, if ur to believe this article anyway. Ah, maybe now i know why I dont have any kids yet.... I havent been properly sweet talked?

So ultimately this article doesnt deal with the presidential election... it is more of a tool to set back women by about 100 years. I will say this though, I suddenly have this uncontrollable urge to take of my shoes, get knocked up, and make sure theres cold beer in the fridge and a big pot roast set out on the table..... oh and i need some socks to darn too.....

meh, i see all the outrage you were feeling. Instead of anger tho, Im mainly disappointed and disgusted. I usually stand by everyone entitled to their opinions, wether i agree with them or not, but this is one case where I think we'd be better off if she hadnt shared hers.

/end rant

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I would love to do that. There is plenty more where that came from. Poor Biggles didn't know what he would unleash when he mentioned her posts all came from a certain camp.

Can you imagine telling your daughter "Oh hon, I succumbed to all his sweet talk, I just really totally lost my brain he was just such a charmer, and you my dear are my blessed reminder/confirmation of the fact that ..............'

Oh what the hell. It is late I am too tired. Tomorrow is Friday. YES!!!
    Here is the dreaded article. LOL. any italicized sentences are my opinion. ROFL

Freud's most famous question - "What do women want?" - might be the title of this political season's playbook, as President George W. Bush and Sen. John F. Kerry strut their best stuff and try to win women's votes.

First off, forget Freud. i do think Kathleen would benefit from therapy though. LOL

What women want, apparently, is to be safe. In post-Sept. 11 America, the group of swing voters formerly known as "soccer moms" has morphed into "security moms" - mostly white, married women with children who worry first about national security.

I bet alot of them worry about enough money to keep food on the table, health insurance, are the kids gettinga good education, etc. I am sure safety is an issue too.

In other words, in a trend that Freud doubtless would find unsurprising, women are looking to their leading man for protection. It is, after all, a jungle out there.

And women are running around, finally able to answer "who's your daddy" This is also assuming they think the president is a leading man, or any man is their "leading man". I thought leading men were from the movies. We are not damsel's in distress.

Thus far, polls show Bush leading among such women, which is causing headaches for the Kerry campaign. In recent years, women reliably have voted Democratic, as in 2000, when 54 percent went for Al Gore.

But 9/11 really did change everything, including women's idea of an alpha male.

Alpha male? Beta male? Guess they come in all types. I don't know about you, but when I hear the term "alpha male", I tend to think of dogs..

A New York Times/CBS News poll conducted in mid-September found that registered women voters favored Bush over Kerry 48 percent to 43 percent. The split became more dramatic when the question focused specifically on which candidate would better protect the country from another terrorist attack.

Forty-eight percent said they had "a lot" of confidence in Bush, compared with 29 percent for Kerry. Twenty-five percent said they had "some" confidence in Bush, with 35 percent having "some" confidence in Kerry.

Married women were far more likely than single women to vote for Bush (59 percent) than for Kerry (32 percent), according to the same poll.

Naturally, Bush is trying to sustain and build on his popularity among women, while Kerry is trying to figure out how to catch their eye. This may explain his heavy emphasis on hair and apparel.

Please..get a grip Kathleen. Kerry is just into his hair and clothes..who cares? I bet he is really jealous of big badboy GW (who reminds me of Yosemite Sam, downon the ranch) They are both after the votes period.

Bush, whose macho image needs no buffing, has toned down the cowboy rhetoric and begun presenting his daddy/hubby side to female audiences. He gets emotional talking about mothers being executed by the Taliban and misty-eyed about Afghan women registering to vote. Kerry, meanwhile, has enlisted the help of 9/11 widows and disgruntled mothers of soldiers in Iraq to support him in his bid to unseat W, which Bush says stands for Women.

OK..here I go.In my opinion, I don't know about a "macho" image. I think it's unattractive. what the hell is this daddy/hubby side BS? Are we talking electra complex. Back to "who's yer daddy, um, er, husband, ol man, um whatever". I don't know about Bush getting emotional or not, but I think he has balls..he uses these people and examples. I'm not saying it's not great for women voting, but lets get real...there is still horrendous persecution of Afghani women. 911 widows support both candidates, so nothing there. Disgruntled mothers? what an insult, Kathleen. to refer to the mothers who have children and spouses, who if not already dead or maimed, are in danger of being so? The term disgruntled is highly offensive. It minimizes what these women are feeling. They are not simply disgruntled. They are in absolute terror...hoping they don't get a telegram.

You half expect to see the boys strap on a Speedo and set to competitive pyramid building.

Bush and Kerry are right to court the ladies, but adapting the message to the moment isn't likely to make the difference that counts. Women by now know what Bush and Kerry are made of and most likely will vote their instinct rather than respond to a slogan or a promise.

"It's just a feeling, a comfort level," Dina Murphy, a New Hampshire mother who voted Democratic the past three presidential elections, told the on-line newspaper telegraph.co.uk. "I trust Bush more to lead our country."

When it comes to hearth and home, females vote their ovaries. It's the nest, dummy.

We vote our ovaries? What planet are you from? I vote for my right ovary. It is not just about our kids, will there be a draft, etc. If it's about the nest, Kathleen, you might look at the world as a "nest". It goes beyond one's own solitary orbit.

On a deep-brain level, mothers want what they dare not utter aloud in a culture that pretends the sexes are the same. They want a man to protect them and their helpless offspring. And the alpha male will be recognized on a level too primitive to be measured by polls.

If that is what a woman wants, why would she not dare to utter it? some women do want that, and that's fine by me. To present an imagery of women as fearful, helpless, quivering, incapable self protectors is ridiculous.
    alpha male...back to that. Lemme tell you something. Watch out for the alpha.

Oh, by the way, those tremors you feel? Don't be alarmed. It's just the hate-Daddy Metro crowd stamping their feet in protest. This is not an unexpected response when long-buried truths bubble to the surface. It will pass.

The hate-daddy metro crowd? WTF?

Sometimes they just need a nap. Meanwhile, as campaign strategists try to paint a portrait of their candidate as the more intellectual, or the smarter strategist, or the morally superior man, or the more nuanced or the tougher hombre, they're missing the point. The real issue in the post-9/11 dating game is simple: Which is the truer man?

I am coughing and sputtering..they are politicians...HELLO

Who is the most constant, most dependable, most responsible?

Obviously, if you believe Bush lied to drag the United States into war so that Halliburton and pals could get rich, such questions are irrelevant. But if you're a swing-votin' security mom, they matter.

Kerry's luck with the girls could shift, but he'll have to surmount an obstacle course of his own creation, including an impression of indecision and a record of saying what he thinks people want to hear.

His luck with the girls? What is this..find a prom date? Of course, this is all Kathleen's subjective opinion..which all opinions are. LOL

Mothers, whose offspring confirm prior experience with some sweet-talkin' dude, know that score by heart.

OK..so woman are idiots, and have to be sweet talked into bed? Give me a break. Most women don't have a problem getting laid if they want to. Kathleen..are you saying all of our children are the products of some guys bullshit line to sleep with us? You insult men with that comment, as well as women. Cause of course, none of us WANTED to have kids..they must be some accident, caused by a sweet-talker. LOL

For their votes, they want a stand-up guy who will keep the hyenas at bay, not a windsurfing crooner stuck on his own purple heart.

So, Kathleen..Bush is a stand-up guy and Kerry is a crooner? (crooner reminds me of Alfalfa from the Little Rascals) I am curious, Kathleen, of what your definition is of a stand-up guy...one who doesn't sweet talk his way into a war? A crooner stuck on his purple hearts? Do you mean "stuck-on", like "Band-aids" stick on you, like the disrespect paid all veterans at the RNC when delegates paraded around the convention with band-aids with a little purple heart on them, plastered on their faces.
    Last edited by ruthie; 10-22-2004 at 03:10 AM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Mathea..I like how you think. When you get knocked up, I"ll paint you a baby outfit.

anywhichway

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Mathea..I like how you think. When you get knocked up, I"ll paint you a baby outfit.
    Well i think first i gotta find me a big strong alpha male who has raw sugar cane for words.... well that, and maybe stop taking birth control i suppose

im at a loss.... all this time I thought that what the candidates said and stood for and all of that should mean something. That I should vote bc of what i believe to be right (and to get Bush outta office) Apparently I just have to close my eyes and wait till i ovulate so I know who to pick. Will I ever learn?!?!?!??!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathea
    Well i think first i gotta find me a big strong alpha male who has raw sugar cane for words.... well that, and maybe stop taking birth control i suppose

im at a loss.... all this time I thought that what the candidates said and stood for and all of that should mean something. That I should vote bc of what i believe to be right (and to get Bush outta office) Apparently I just have to close my eyes and wait till i ovulate so I know who to pick. Will I ever learn?!?!?!??!
    You are too funny. The power of the ovaries!

anywhichway

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Maybe the men of Stepford had it right all along....

Im waiting for all in the family to come on so I can see how to be a proper wife
    that whole "children should be seen and not heard"... does that apply to good women as well?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    "Good women" already know not to be seen or heard. I must be bad, so bad.

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    "Good women" already know not to be seen or heard. I must be bad, so bad.
    Seems like I have alot to learn. Im quick though... Ive already thrown out every pair of pants I own.... according to old tv shows (which depict life before dysfunctional families) women always wore skirts. Ive gathered that once they put on pants they seemed to start thinking and having opinions. I now know this is where women went wrong. Any more suggestions? (Sorry, I know Im going off topic, Ive been in the lounge for too long )

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The only thing "alpha male" about Bush is the fact that he's President.

That woman is an idiot btw. Pure political crap.

Don't hit me. I'm a guy.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast