Thread: Tmpg wont convert it, so any ideas please?

Have been trying to convert this:-
    Queen-Live at Wembley_86_cd2_ac3_divx412_2pass.avi to mpg but Tmpg says it is not supported. Also have another misic video which says the same thing. I can play both with Windows Media Player so the files are ok.
    Can anyone suggest a way for me to convert these so that I can burn them please.. My first time with Tmpg but think I am doing it properly.
    Many Thanks.

2. Music   -   #2
    muchspl2

match your vafpi settings to that ^^
    don't worry about the ones you don't have, just raise/lower to match what you have

3. Music   -   #3
    Done that, but still says "can not open or unsupported" Same with both videos.
    Any other thoughts please?

4. Music   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It pretty much sucks when instead of solving your software problem, someone offers up an alternative to do the job .... but since I cannot add to much's advice and that didn't work, WinAVI may well convert the file for you in this instance
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Music   -   #5
    ""It pretty much sucks when instead of solving your software problem, someone offers up an alternative to do the job""

Grateful for the advice here whatever it is. So frustrating not to be able to use Tmpg as it is the first time I have tried it........makes you wonder doesnt it!!....hahaha
    Anyway, will try the the other proggie, and thanks for your help again.

6. Music   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyboy
    ""It pretty much sucks when instead of solving your software problem, someone offers up an alternative to do the job""

Grateful for the advice here whatever it is. So frustrating not to be able to use Tmpg as it is the first time I have tried it........makes you wonder doesnt it!!....hahaha
    Anyway, will try the the other proggie, and thanks for your help again.
    No problems

Also TMPGenc is kinda complicated until you get used to it, WinAVI is really simple tho' - like three clicks to convert .mpeg to .avi.

Look around for cracks to remove the watermark on the trial-version, they're around
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Music   -   #7
    muchspl2
    or you sure you have the correct settings, what about codecs, make sure you have the full klite codec pack.

8. Music   -   #8
    Did try to get the Kazaa codec pack, but when I installed it it just threw up problems on my machine, and wouldnt do anything. Must be something I was doing, but not brave enough to try again at the moment. Maybe after getting this burn done.

Quote Originally Posted by manker
    No problems

Also TMPGenc is kinda complicated until you get used to it, WinAVI is really simple tho' - like three clicks to convert .mpeg to .avi.

Look around for cracks to remove the watermark on the trial-version, they're around
    I don't understand how to use cracks I'm afraid, so will have to research that some more.

I have got a copy of winavi now and have tried it. Nice little program! As you can tell, I am totally new at this video stuff so have a new problem now. Converted the avi to mpeg but it has split the file into 2 files, one of 800mg and one of 176mg. Tried to burn the big one with Nero, but it is obviously too big for the cd. Does this mean I need to reduce the size of the file? If so, it will probably be beyond my capabilities at this stage.- Be nice to try though if I knew where to start!
    Very grateful for the help here. Sorry to be such a novice.

9. Music   -   #9
    muchspl2
    you can't convert without the correct codecs, thats your problem.

10. Music   -   #10