Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legallity Of File Sharing

File sharing is legal, icq, msn, they all have file transfer features.

But, kazaa has file searching features that allows users to get access to pirated softwares, movies and songs much easier.
    With 4 million people using kazaa and 7million gb of files being shared every given moment costing the cultural industries (movies, music, software) billions of dollars, do you expect kazaa to last another year?

Will Kazaa be the next Napster, Audiogalaxy?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    This has been brought up many a time...

You'll probably hear of a post like this being called "the sky if falling" kind of thing.

I think it will stay for a long time. Even if it doesn't, many more will rise to take it's place.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    There is a search button in the upper right hand side of the page, you can use it to find the what seems like millions of other threads like this. Or you can just browse back through the pages, I'm sure it hasn't been more than a week simce someone asked that.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    And, I bet if you cared to look, you'd see most of the files being transferred through ICQ, MSN, AIM, Trillian, etc. are "pirated."

Don't forget that Kazaa also lets you search for legal files. It's all in the use.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by zhelynd@27 March 2003 - 05:49
    File sharing is legal, icq, msn, they all have file transfer features.

But, kazaa has file searching features that allows users to get access to pirated softwares, movies and songs much easier.
    With 4 million people using kazaa and 7million gb of files being shared every given moment costing the cultural industries (movies, music, software) billions of dollars, do you expect kazaa to last another year?

Will Kazaa be the next Napster, Audiogalaxy?
    No

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    How long wil u b aliv? Wen u no, let me no.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I'll be dead in about 80 years. And I imagine all of you will be as well.

Edit: So says the average human lifespan.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Well, wasn't speaking to you, MK, since you were not the one speaking the phony pidgin. BTW, I'm pretty sick of the fake pidgin - particularly from posters writing under several aliases. I guess they think they are making fools of the rest of us but most are pretty exposed - in every sense of the word.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Just incase some people haven't been using the internet for longer than kazza's been around, there's been SOOOO many p2p programs...CuteMX which no one remembers, napster of course, limewire, and many many more, so many more than it's a waste of time and space to list them all. And to make a long story short, alot of them where shut down. Due to lawsuits, and the biggest problem they faced was not being in the wrong, but not having the cash to fund thier legal battles. p2p programs do just what the name implies, they are a peer to peer program that connects you to me and me to you, to the best of my knowledge, none of these files touch any sever owned by kazza or any other p2p file sharing program companies. But aside from that, there's been a rather common trend with p2p programs, they come, they go, they change names, they trasnfer ownership, there's new ones allways comming out. There will always be p2p file sharing programs. As to the legality of it, some compaines are no longer going after kazza and other p2p companies, but going after you and me, mr. average joe schmoe, and suing us for downloading illegal stuff, and getting us arrested.

A word of caution to the wary, invest in a legitimate ip scrambler, and other privacy protection. What they don't know about you, can't hurt you.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Sneepboy's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by sacreddruid@27 March 2003 - 21:32
    A word of caution to the wary, invest in a legitimate ip scrambler, and other privacy protection.
    I have never heard of an IP scrambler. How could that possibly work and where can I get one?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast