Thread: Ripping/converting

hammermaff's Avatar Poster
    I've just ripped my first dvd and converted it to avi. (using gordian knot).

I mainly tried this so that i can share decent quality films (i'm pissed off with downloading for a couple of hours only to find i've got a load of shite).

Anyway, after i converted the film (minority report) the quality is spot on, although the size of the film has gone from 6.5gB down to 1.36gB, it still seems a bit high to me.

Being new to all this stuff, does any-one have any ideas how i can trim it down to the size of most of the other films on Kazaa ??????

Your help would be much appreciated, if i can get this sorted then i can get a few quality films doing the rounds.

many thanks !
    Maff

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster

hello hammermaff!
    a very handy web page for all things video is :-www.vcdhelp.com/convert
    this site has all the info and freeware for converting avi to mpeg-vcd-svcd-divx and so on.i've converted many avi files to svcd vcd etc using adobe premiere or vegas video 4 or ulead media pro(compliments of KazAa file swappers of course) they all work just fine converting 1.6 gigs of avi to approx 25 megs of vcd.
    regards
    m8t

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    hammermaff's Avatar Poster
    m8t

Thanks very much for your reply, i'll try that

Maff : :beerchug:

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    The right answer (I guess) is to choose lower bitrate for audio and video, and a lower resolution. Most films can be compressed to a single cd with full quality