Thread: Hackers 'n' K-lite

Endangered47
    The other night I was online usine K-Lite and noted an upload in progress. The file size was about 5267kb, when this number was reached I was expecting disconnection, 600kbs later it was still uploading. I then messaged the user and asked the question as to what was going on, no reply (suprised), I messaged again giving a warning that I was about to disconnect if no answer was forthcoming, still no answer, so disconnected. The question is, was this person a hacker using K-Lite to gain access to my system and bypass my firewall in this way?
    Any suggestions, answers wouls be appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Default port for fasttrack is 1214 ;did you uncheck alternative port 80?
    Most important thing you should do is to look out for netbiosaccess, i suggest
    that you go to http://grc.com and download little program
    called leaktest (instructions are on that site).

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    the download kept going possibly becuase the user request another 'chuck' of the file from you.
    i would not worry about it.
    and as to the person not replying, thats just the way the network is not a sign of life anywhere... they probs were asleep or disabled messaging all togther.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Have you got the tools of the trade? AV, PF, AAW6, Spybot S&D & jv16 PowerTools. Are they current & updated? Then do a scan & relax.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    actually, i think its kinda funny that anyone who uses kazaa can be concerned with hackers

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by philco@27 March 2003 - 04:31
    the download kept going possibly becuase the user request another 'chuck' of the file from you.
    i would not worry about it.
    and as to the person not replying, thats just the way the network is not a sign of life anywhere... they probs were asleep or disabled messaging all togther.
    That's right, that user was probably not in front of the computer at the time. And I don't think that messaging was disabled as you would have recieved a warning that the user was not accepting messages.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    That's a download/upload bug where you upload MORE than the entire length of a file to someone.

Either they accidentally cancelled the download mid-stream and resumed it or they're out of hdd space and Kazaa keeps deleting and restarting that download.