Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised/Amazed

every time i tried to boot my comp up i get the stop error screen pops up saying "STOP 0x00000074 (0x00000003, 0x00000002, 0x80087000) BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". so i search microsoft KB and got this:

SYMPTOMS
    When you start your Windows XP-based computer, you may receive a STOP error message on a blue screen that is similar to the following error message:
    STOP 0x00000074 (0x00000003, 0x00000002, 0x80087000) BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
    When you try to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM, you may receive the following error message:
    The following file is corrupted: toside.sys
    CAUSE
    This issue may occur if one or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM configuration is incompatible.
    RESOLUTION
    To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, remove the memory modules that are installed in your computer, but leave enough RAM to start your computer and run Windows, and then restart your computer.

For additional information about the amount of RAM you must have to run Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    314865 System Requirements for Windows XP Operating Systems
    If the issue is not resolved, remove a different memory module. This procedure may require you to restart your computer several times to identify the specific memory module that is not working correctly.

For information about how to add and remove RAM to the computer, contact the manufacturer of the computer, or view the documentation that is included with your computer.

those this means that my RAM is f**ked up

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HCT
    every time i tried to boot my comp up i get the stop error screen pops up saying "STOP 0x00000074 (0x00000003, 0x00000002, 0x80087000) BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". so i search microsoft KB and got this:

SYMPTOMS
    When you start your Windows XP-based computer, you may receive a STOP error message on a blue screen that is similar to the following error message:
    STOP 0x00000074 (0x00000003, 0x00000002, 0x80087000) BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
    When you try to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM, you may receive the following error message:
    The following file is corrupted: toside.sys
    CAUSE
    This issue may occur if one or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM configuration is incompatible.
    RESOLUTION
    To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, remove the memory modules that are installed in your computer, but leave enough RAM to start your computer and run Windows, and then restart your computer.

For additional information about the amount of RAM you must have to run Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    314865 System Requirements for Windows XP Operating Systems
    If the issue is not resolved, remove a different memory module. This procedure may require you to restart your computer several times to identify the specific memory module that is not working correctly.

For information about how to add and remove RAM to the computer, contact the manufacturer of the computer, or view the documentation that is included with your computer.

those this means that my RAM is f**ked up
    that sucks

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yeah i know

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    probably...if you ahve more than one stick of ram then try with just one, then with the other. Also try putting them in different slots.
    if just one then put it in a different slot.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    probably...if you ahve more than one stick of ram then try with just one, then with the other. Also try putting them in different slots.
    if just one then put it in a different slot.
    i only have 1 stick of memory and i already tried puting it in different slots

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    maybe its ur cpu...check the temps in the bios.....if not then its the memory

My Blog
    I'm still here.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jaigandhi5
    maybe its ur cpu...check the temps in the bios.....if not then its the memory
    temps at 30 c
    and the BIOS detecs the stick
    according to the BIOS everything is fine

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    hmm check the voltages...maybe its the powersupply.... check ur mobos webiste for bios updates...

My Blog
    I'm still here.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    it not the power supply cause i tryed another one
    i will check for BIOS updates

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    updating BIOS did not work, any more ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast