Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, The Horror!!!

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hillary Clinton, President of the United States.

Bill Clinton, Secretary General of the United Nations.

At the same time.

Discuss...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    First question...who is she running against?
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Im gonna have to leave this one to you lot...

Clinton is a liar and a conman... however he is also a Diplomat and Politician.

He's therefore as qualified as any other politician imho.. at least he makes you turn the other way while he gives you one up the ass... unlike some

I cant really say i know anything about his Mrs though...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Mr Clinton was and is an International Statesman of some standing, much more so than your current incumbent (bit of a tautology there, sorry). I think he would carry a degree of gravitas to the post you suggest for him and it is probably one of your better ideas.
    well... it's all subjective, what qualifies a person to be a statesman. perhaps the u.s. is not truly ready for a president with george w. bush's peculiar qualifications? traditionally, u.s. presidents have been lawyers, scholars, military careerists... or they've, in the case of a president such as reagan, served in hollywood's theater of war. i can't recall another u.s. president, off the top of my head, whose occupations prior to entering politics consisted primarily of being an unsuccessful businessman, a drunkard, and (although it's disputed) devoting his weekends to national guard duty. there may have been one before george w. bush, though.

thankfully, the prescribed qualifications for becoming president of the u.s. are a fairly low hurdle, and they don't discriminate against people's prior experience. the u.s. is not a cruel ayn rand-ian meritocracy, after all. if you're born into the right family, make connections to the right people and have a bit of blind luck, you can still race straight past the strongest, smartest & most talented people in the nation. :-P
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 10-30-2004 at 05:06 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    well... it's all subjective, what qualifies a person to be a statesman. perhaps the u.s. is not truly ready for a president with george w. bush's peculiar qualifications? traditionally, u.s. presidents have been lawyers, scholars, military careerists... or they've, in the case of a president such as reagan, served in hollywood's theater of war. i can't recall another u.s. president, off the top of my head, whose occupations prior to entering politics consisted primarily of being an unsuccessful businessman, a drunkard, and (although it's disputed) devoting his weekends to national guard duty. there may have been one before george w. bush, though.

thankfully, the prescribed qualifications for becoming president of the u.s. are a fairly low hurdle, and they don't discriminate against people's prior experience. the u.s. is not a cruel ayn rand-ian meritocracy, after all. if you're born into the right family, make connections to the right people and have a bit of blind luck, you can still race straight past the strongest, smartest & most talented people in the nation. :-P
    Very good. Geedub certainly does prove that any idiot can be president...
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi

What a great post (3RA1N1AC). I enjoyed that.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    ...the strongest, smartest & most talented people in the nation. :-P
    Anybody in mind?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Anybody in mind?
    look to your fav. quote...... anyone but Bush

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Arnold, he'll be back. Mark my words. (hehe)

But, for the Clintons to rule, I dont really know...
    When it comes to politics, im walking on thin ice.

I dont follow that much, dont have TV or Radio atm.
    Spoiler: Show

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Anybody in mind?
    oh, i could go on for hours about who's underrated and who's overrated, who oughta be paid more and who oughta be paid less. we all could do that, prolly.

my point was mostly to suggest that u.s. society, at least to some degree, imagines itself to be a merit-based system that rewards the best & brightest and extends a little charity to the dregs. and why? just 'cause we don't have feudal lords or royalty anymore? i mean, individual qualities do count for something and they can help you to get a higher place in the pecking order, but there's still no sweeter deal than inheritance and old-fashioned nepotism. if merit were the be-all & end-all, then anna nicole smith might occupy a slightly higher position than george w bush since at least she's got some infinitesimal bit of talent. while i joke about the current system, though, i imagine that one based purely on merit would be a cruel one that ends up simply rewarding & punishing people for the perceived quality of their DNA.

to sum up: we're not a meritocracy, but then i have doubts as to whether we should strive to be one anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast