Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here Is A Program You Can't Live Without..

Poster
    As we know on the internet people come and go for no reason and what would happen if one of us was to shuffle off to that great motherboard in the sky?

I found this program that basically lets you set a certain time limit and if you dont reset it within this time it will carry out a given number of tasks.These tasks are sending emails to anyone,posting to a forum and encrypting or destroying sensitive files (using blowfish).
    This was quoted from the authors website:

The software is designed to run without installation. Just stick it in a convenient directory, and it will create all the necessary registry entries the first time it is run. Any additional files that it creates will be in the same directory, and will have the extensions .dwp and .dem, for easy portability.

The software can carry out three functions: posting to web pages, sending e-mails, and encrypting files (props to WanderingWastrel for the idea). I haven't tested the webpage posting extensively with all that many websites, so you may want to test them yourself (there is an easy mechanism to do so within the program) before setting and forgetting.

In case the you encrypt files accidentally (forget to reset the switch, etc.), or if you are testing the system out by manually triggering the timer, you can decrypt the files using this decryption program. Just make very sure you remember your password!!!

You can download Dead Mans Switch here. B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Weird? Y would i ever need to use this? Jesus Did I just Say That, Did They Hear Me?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Forum Star
    I can imagine it already: "If you receive this email, I'm dead."

Moving it to Softwareworld, btw.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Bender lol

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Syris
    Seems like a good spam prog

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    B) Sounds like a great software for paranoids B)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Syris@28 March 2003 - 03:06
    Seems like a good spam prog
    ....Oi n00b,care to elaborate on your observations?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I can imagine it already: "If you receive this email, I'm dead."
    Funny Bender.

Anyway I don't think I need this program as I don't plan on dying anytime soon.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    So what's the name of the program? Something like this would be useless on normal circumstances but very useful in case of possible death, there are many people who could make use of this program.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Its says in his post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast