Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Limey assholes

Last week G2 launched Operation Clark County to help readers have a say in the American election by writing to undecided voters in the crucial state of Ohio. In the first three days, more than 11,000 people requested addresses. Here is some of the reaction to the project that we received from the US

Dear wonderful, loving friends from abroad,
    We Ohioans are an ornery sort and don't take meddling well, even if it comes from people we admire and with their sincere goodwill. We are a fairly closed community overall. In my town of Springfield, I feel that there are some that consider people from the nearby cities of Columbus or Dayton, as "foreigners"- let alone someone from outside our country.
    Springfield, Ohio

Have you not noticed that Americans don't give two shits what Europeans think of us? Each email someone gets from some arrogant Brit telling us why to NOT vote for George Bush is going to backfire, you stupid, yellow-toothed pansies ... I don't give a rat's ass if our election is going to have an effect on your worthless little life. I really don't. If you want to have a meaningful election in your crappy little island full of shitty food and yellow teeth, then maybe you should try not to sell your sovereignty out to Brussels and Berlin, dipshit. Oh, yeah - and brush your goddamned teeth, you filthy animals.
    Wading River, NY

Consider this: stay out of American electoral politics. Unless you would like a company of US Navy Seals - Republican to a man - to descend upon the offices of the Guardian, bag the lot of you, and transport you to Guantanamo Bay, where you can share quarters with some lonely Taliban shepherd boys.
    United States

KEEP YOUR FUCKIN' LIMEY HANDS OFF OUR ELECTION. HEY, SHITHEADS, REMEMBER THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR? REMEMBER THE WAR OF 1812? WE DIDN'T WANT YOU, OR YOUR POLITICS HERE, THAT'S WHY WE KICKED YOUR ASSES OUT. FOR THE 47% OF YOU WHO DON'T WANT PRESIDENT BUSH, I SAY THIS ... TOUGH SHIT!
    PROUD AMERICAN VOTING FOR BUSH!

Shame on you for using the people of Ohio like this. The US presidental election isn't just about foreign policy, it's about healthcare, taxes, education, transportation, natural resources and all manner of issues with little to no impact on the people of Britain.
    We live in a globalised, interconnected world. If China shuts its borders to US imports, you better believe American companies, shareholders and workers are affected. Should US citizens therefore have a direct say in Chinese policies? No - Americans should demand that their own elected leaders address the issues with their Chinese counterparts. The British have a similar voice in US policies - through your own elected representatives who have any number of diplomatic, economic and military tools at their disposal. You vote for your leaders and we'll vote for ours. Your problem is with your leaders, not ours.
    Washington DC

Real Americans aren't interested in your pansy-ass, tea-sipping opinions. If you want to save the world, begin with your own worthless corner of it.
    Texas, USA

I just read a hilarious proposal to involve your readership in the upcoming US presidential election. At least, I'm hoping that it is genius satire. Nothing will do more to undermine the Democratic cause in Ohio than having patronising Brits wander around Clark County telling people how to vote. Just, for a second, imagine if the Washington Post sent folks from Ohio to do the same in Oxfordshire. I'm saying this as a Democrat, and as someone who has spent the last few years in the UK. That is, with all due respect. Please, please, be rational, and move slowly away from the self-defeating hubris.
    United States
    Like the other article i posted, this just made me smile, I have a horrible feeling some of the Guardian's G2 readers (or the recipients of the mail) didn't quite grasp the tongue in cheek nature of the exercise. (btw the guardian is a left wing paper)

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Gardian is Left Wing?

Actually, since Labour moved so far to the Right, your probably right... The LibDems are the Left Wing now

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Hilareous...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Does this Guardian paper have a website, and if so do you have a link to it?

This was an interesting article. I have heard this topic (of citizens of other countries trying to influence our voting decisions) brought up a lot lately.

From what I have seen, it has not had it's intended results. ... interesting.

I have started just smiling and saying "Of course, America would never try to influence another country's voting decisions." I don't think but half of them get it. (I will have to lose the smile.)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    lol, that was funny

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Thanks Ruthe. Was just going to try to find it myself.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    welcome
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Sanctuary!
    Gardian is Left Wing?
    Guardian is a looney moonbat hate America rag according to some of the right wing blogs I frequent.... All you have to say is "I got this from the Guardian" and it's usually dismissed.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Gardian is Centre here.

Daily Mirror = Left

Most of the rest = Right..

On saying that, most of our Right is on your Left

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast