Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AeroCool HT-101 experience?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Speedfan can now change my system clock dynamically. Over the next week I'm going to try raising that 1MHz at a time (11MHz after multiplier) to see what happens.
    Huh?
    SpeedFan can change your FSB on the fly?

BTW Lynx,
    I have used SF on three different boards in the last year.
    It performed flawlessly on the Asus a7n8x-deluxe. Even the system fans could be controlled.
    It worked OK on the Abit NF-7S, but the fan speed control was way out of range- had to set it to between 15% and 25% to get any variation and only the CPU fan header appeared to offer any speed control.
    It doesn't seem to do anything on the Chaintech board.

I suppose that different manufacturers offer different levels of access and control to 3rd party apps....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Which two fan connectors were controlled on the Asus board?

I can control the one marked CPU_FAN1 but not the one called CHA_FAN1. I haven't tried the one marked PWR_FAN1 since I've assumed that is for sensor connection only. Maybe I'm wrong. In the bios, I only get readings from two of these connectors, the other (chassis fan I think) always reads zero.

Also, the fan speeds shown in SF are double the actual speed; there's a config item which is supposed to correct that but it doesn't seem to work. BTW, this is an A7N8X-E, maybe that's the difference.

Nforce2 clock control was a new feature in release 4.16, and updated in 4.17. It had been available for a few boards/clock generators before that but Nforce2 was not one of them. You can even set it to increase/decrease clock speed when cpu usage goes up or down, but since mine usually runs flat out all the time it isn't much use to me.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Honestly, I don't recall.
    That particular setup was long ago and many galaxies away.

Of late I have been modifying my fans by splitting off the yellow sensor wire and only plugging that into the board, pulling power direct from the PSU.
    That way the "shutdown if cpu fan fail" function still works, but I don't stress the board by sucking too much juice throught it for the fans.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Honestly, I don't recall.
    That particular setup was long ago and many galaxies away.

Of late I have been modifying my fans by splitting off the yellow sensor wire and only plugging that into the board, pulling power direct from the PSU.
    That way the "shutdown if cpu fan fail" function still works, but I don't stress the board by sucking too much juice throught it for the fans.
    Clock you have any new pictures to show us?

edit: lol i called you clock.
    Last edited by tesco; 11-02-2004 at 02:36 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    No, and you can thank Newegg for that.
    I am now at day eight waiting for my order.

It seemed pointless to disassemble Sprocket until I have the board/HS in my clammy little hands.
    Since I am also going to have to do a full reinstall of Windows/Mandrake after the hardware is in place, it could take a while.

Now, back to Lynx's Aerocool.....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    It's been at 204MHz base for 24 hrs now, I've just pushed it to 205 and it's still running. I think I'll try setting 204 in the bios and mess about with those fans now.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    No luck with fans, I can only control the Cpu fan, and then only one of them.

Been running stable for a couple of days at 205MHz, just pushed it to 206MHz and almost immediately got an error in Firefox, so I dropped it back down to 205MHz. I may try a Vcore tweak at the weekend when I've got more time to monitor the temps.

Cpu temp currently 45C but mobo temp has dropped back to 25C. I haven't been doing much in terms of graphics, that may have pushed the modo temp up earlier in the week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12