Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: d/l Xbox game trying to FTP it to xbox help...

I'm trying to learn how get from a downloaded game to playiong it on my modded xbox. I been xfering music to my X so i got that down. I'm using flashFXP v3. The xbox has avalaunch. So I d/l Kill Switch because it was a small game. after it was complete I extracted the files from WinRAR into a folder. Now I have 12 ISO image files. what do I do next to get them ready to transfer using FlashFXP. I seached this forum and I didn't see a topic on this, thx for any help.
    Last edited by Jaz97; 10-25-2004 at 04:56 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    Turkishjade's Avatar Gunny
    I think you may have a corrupted file.

Usually you get a RAR file. You extract that and you end up with several RAR files (RAR,R01,R02,etc...) You then extract the first RAR, it reads the rest of the RARs and gives you a single ISO file.

Getting 12 ISO's out of a single archive is unusual. The bottom line is that after all is said and done, you want to get 1 ISO.

The program you will need is either Craxion or SimpleX. Either will take that ISO and extract the directories and files your game needs. You can then FTP all of those files into a single directory on your XBox's E drive. If you create a subdirectory with the games name under your E:\Games directory, Avalaunch will automatically recognize the game there.

3. Games   -   #3
    Ok when I d/l kill switch. I got 12 RAR files (part01,part02 etc..) Then I extracted each file. Should I have not done this? I still have it in WinRAR archive I can start over.....

Also I have Qwix can't I use that?
    Last edited by Jaz97; 10-25-2004 at 07:25 PM.

4. Games   -   #4
    Just extract the first (doesnt have to be the first) and delete the rest. Get rid of all the other ISO's you have. You can use Qwix, thats what i prefer.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Games   -   #5
    I extracted 1 file. Went to Qwix "load ISO" found the "KS" ISO file. Hit "FTP Upload" got this error mess "Socket error #10054 Connection reset by peer" Is that a hardware issue or my file issue?

6. Games   -   #6
    It's not a file issue...you can try to open it in Qwix to view the file structure. If there was a problem, you would get an error immediately.

I don't use Qwix or Avalaunch myself, but I talked to a friend of mine and he said: 1. Qwix doesn't test to make sure you have room, verify that you have free space on the drive you are sending the file to. 2. Turn on Boost, non-boost transfers are sometimes buggy. 3. Verify that your settings are correct, IP, Login, Password and also make sure you turn off any firewalls ( zone alarm ) if you are unsure that they are set up properly.

Other than that, maybe try going to xbox-scene and seing if anyone can help there.

Good luck.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    i also use Qwix 1.1 and i cant send the game

the lil window will open but it says "Calculating" forever

8. Games   -   #8
    I know it's a motherbitch, but may I make 2 suggestions:

1. Get a DVD burner. I got one 3 months ago and my XBox library is at 103 games right now. Plus, using DVD Decrypter, you can take the ISO's right off the internet and put them to disc, no conversion required.

2. Go low-tech and instead of using Qwix to transfer the ISO, extract the files inside of the ISO using Qwix, connect to your box with FlashFxp, send the files that way. Sure, the extract ISO takes 4 minutes and the transfer to xbox of the native files takes 10+ minutes, but it always works.

Good Luck H12 and Jaz.

9. Games   -   #9
    Turk- So after I extract the file I can open flahfxp and send the ISO file that way..? Well I'll try and post what happens. I'm also checking over at xbox-scene. getting info overload lol

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    How do i extract the .ISO???

i already tried ISOBuster but ISOBuster shows nothing when i open the .ISO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast