Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Really Care?

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    For clarification I sent the PM to ThE_MP3_G0d which said:

Language in Posts

Please stop being abusive to the other members of this board, you'll get a hell of a lot further here with a little politeness. I realize you have a lot to post, and I have seen a lot of worthwhile verified hashes, but there is no need to be abrasive and use your "holier than thou attitude" when posting them.

Foul language is totally unnecessary, and against board policy, as is flaming, try to keep both to a minimum.

Thanks
    After reading several posts in Gameworld (some of which are quoted above by CornerPocket), it was this one that most caught my attention and was the reason for sending the above PM.

QUOTE (stoi @ 4 March 2003 - 00:38)
    The fastest ive seen for emule is 100KBs and that was the second file i got and yes it lasted the whole of the file----(cut snip)all you have to do is read the FAQ on their site and it will tell you the reasons that you might be getting crap speeds.

I prefer emule to Kazaa now as i actually get faster speeds of emule than i do with kazaa
    U sir, are either full of shit or one of a very select few....I spend a lot of time in the eMule chat room(thats #emule on www.emule-project.net in IRC) and the #1 thing people come in and ask is a tie between "why hasn't any of my downloads started" and "how can I get my downloads to go faster? I have X ammount of bandwidth but it only runs at X-(a severe number)" Why are u posting here if you are so hung up on eMule?? They have a forum for this stuff too-go there u putz....

Now for some positive shit....I asked for the ISO of Car Tycoon...no one came thru for me so I will come thru for u...

Car Tycoon.rar

I asked for Final Fantasy 7 for PC..

this is game disk 1

FF7DISC1.ISO

more to come....I'll post the others as time permits...and u can put these in the verifieds...

ThE_MP3_G0d sez so!!!
    One person's preference/success using a different program is no call for insulting them. There are a lot of ways to voice an opinion about something, and if you were a little more polite with people, there are many on this board who would jump in and help you get better results. Heck, if you had said something like "How do you get these kinds of speeds on emule? I would be curious to know," knowing stoi he would have jumped in and said "let me give you a few pointers." This is not me running to stoi's defense, I know he is more than capable of handling that himself. There has, to put it simply, been too much of this crap going on of late, and I for one am tired of seeing it.

EDIT: Just an addendum

Let me just clarify one point a bit further...

I don't particularly care about flaming/swearing when it's done in moderation and with cause. One bad post for every ten good posts is nothing to me, especially when it's done in defense of someone or something one believes in, and it's kept within context. I use Lamsey's post as an example.

But, when every post a member makes contains this kind of nonsense, I feel that something has to be done, and thus I acted.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Ex-member
    hear hear NikkiD

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Ditto Nikki....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Thank you, NikkiD.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    We're with you NikkiD!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    What i just don't understand is.., why don't the people who started a topic don't reply?
    I hate that! I really do!

A lot of people in this forum are trying to help someone, and maybe they are happy/or not with the reply's on their question!
    Why don't they answer??? Like in this one... where is the reply? (Sure 1 reply but did it help?) The people that did the effort to reply deserve an answer don't they? I see that alot in this and any other forum!

I have learned from this... if the one who placed a topic doesn't reply... i won't either anymore!!

People who place posts in any forum... answer!!!

Sorry i'm just disappointed.... or just had a bad day i don't know...

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    i must say.. you sound like a f*******g T****r

i agree with nik
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

8. Lounge   -   #18
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    I totally agree with NikkiD, there may be a time and place for swearing or just plain insensitive replies, however not in each one of your posts. I post a lot fo really rare and requested movies here on the forum, that does not make me better than anyone else, it just hopefully shows I care. Where as posts like yours would simply void themselves out, we may think you care to post something someone else wants, however to then make harsh statements nullifies any good you may have done in my book. Not sure where you came from or why, do not care but you are here now, that is paramount to this discussion. As you are here please abide by the rules as much as possible, a PM from a MOD is never meant to be a bad thing, it is simply a nice way of asking you to watch yourself. Would you rather of had them reply to the topic and let everyone see you get your knuckles whacked? Makes no sense to repost it and bring it back up, pull your darn boot straps up and continue on with posting or as is the case always you are free to find other harbors. Not to say I would care either way, however if you have some good to do here please do so, but not at the cost of our rules or happiness.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by NikkiD@27 March 2003 - 18:34
    Issue 1

For clarification I sent the PM to ThE_MP3_G0d which said:

Issue 2

I don&#39;t particularly care about flaming/swearing when it&#39;s done in moderation and with cause.
    But, when every post a member makes contains this kind of nonsense, I feel that something has to be done, and thus I acted.
    Issue 1

For some reason I feel as though reposting that was unnecessary. The only reason this was started was to see if people actually cared about the language in the posts..so see if it affectted enough people for them to feel that sort of action was even necessary.

Issue 2

I wish I knew how to post a persons little side bar but I will edit this post and quote it...

"gumbydancin Posted: 27 March 2003 - 20:15

No touching... please.....it&#39;s just an ass

Group: Members
    Member No.: 3123

You do realize that you say that shit in 661 posts? 661&#33;&#33;&#33;

As for a "low vocabulary" I am certain you are mistaken.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Wow. Just wow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast