Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One More Time

manker's Avatar effendi
    I do see your point, JP, as I've said. But with respect to his previous I have to say it matters little in the reasoning for invasion. In fact it was never mentioned until the search for the WMD started to look futile.

Weapons inspections were not the sole method employed to ensure that Saddam didn't become a threat. It also helps that we, and other countries, were not selling big guns and other war tools to him anymore. Sanctions would also ensure that he couldn't build up a serious force with which to invade anyone.

Even Saddam, manical despot as he is, wouldn't have thought that this time he would succeed where he failed all those years ago. He was a threat to no-one except the Iraqi people - and that wasn't mentioned by the US authorities until the search for WMD began to look futile, either.

Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15
    and when someone mentioned overt plans of weapons, then thats what im saying, it makes life much easier when you know what someone has - if they tell you, then its likely you know, whereas somone keeps it all schtum, then you just never know...
    Yes. Thank the good lord that North Korean Dictators are of such sound character and always tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We haven't a clue what N. Korea and Iran are doing, they won't let us see. Exactly the same as Saddam wouldn't.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    but at the end of the day, was it a mistake?

in that, given the choice over, would it be repeated? - im sure anyone here would make the same choice, based upon the info GBush had. at the end of the day, he would have wanted to avoid war, but the threat was clearly too strong.
    Uh..yes it was.

Especially in hindsight.

Ignorance is bliss. Ignorance in light of truth is pure stupidity.

I'll say also that you saying what George Bush wanted smacks of some sort of either bias or mind reading. Are you an X-man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    The point is perception.

Other countries may be perceived as a threat, he however demonstrated it by invading his neighbours. To say nothing of the mass murder of Kurds.

To use an analogy. Big man standing in front of you may be perceived as a threat. He may even be a threat to your safety, but it's only a feeling.

Big man standing in front of you, killing his own brother. Then going over and killing someone else. Much more of a threat in my book. To you and to everyone else.

Police stop him killing people, then decide to search him for more weapons to prevent him from killing anyone else. He just says no, not letting you.

Police then use force.
    The problem Big man did this like years ago.(Kuwait)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    but at the end of the day, was it a mistake?

in that, given the choice over, would it be repeated? - im sure anyone here would make the same choice, based upon the info GBush had. at the end of the day, he would have wanted to avoid war, but the threat was clearly too strong.
    But we are not talking about the same info...we are talking about the info we have now

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    and when someone mentioned overt plans of weapons, then thats what im saying, it makes life much easier when you know what someone has - if they tell you, then its likely you know, whereas somone keeps it all schtum, then you just never know...
    And when someone keeps schtum about their WMD because they don't have any, we should assume they have them?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I think we better Start our invasion plans for Mauritious immediately, they are obviously a clear and present danger... as they say they dont have WMD

However, we can forget about USA, UK, France, Russia, China, North Korea, Pakistan, India, Israel, South Africa and Iran.... they're safe coz they say they have them

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    However, we can forget about USA, UK, France, Russia, China, North Korea, Pakistan, India, Israel, South Africa and Iran.... they're safe coz they say they have them
    And those weapons kept the peace all this time ... nobody would dare attack us because we have them

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    You ever eaten in Mauritious?

They definatly have WMD...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    And those weapons kept the peace all this time ... nobody would dare attack us because we have them
    Mutually Asurred Destruction.

MAD
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    lynx's Avatar .

I hear those Dodo's are pretty tough.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30

I must admit for the adventurous cuisine enjoyer the food is a WAD...weapon of ass destruction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123