Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i reset a computer?

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    ive built a comp for my aunt, and installed all the software and stuff she needs...... now i just know her 2 sons will be installing games and all other kinds of crap on it, and i dont feel like going to the other side of the country every month to fix it (even though holland is a small country ), so i was wondering:

is there a way/program that will allow her to reset the comp to the state i installed everything to with just one (or a couple) mouseclick?

i mean: keep documents and stuff, but reset all registry entries, uninstall useless crap ect

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    roxio goback 3

or you can built a timemachine..lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Norotn Ghost 2003 backup the drive once it's working good to a cd or somewhere on the computer then she can just restore teh drive whenever they screw it up.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    deep freeze

my school uses that
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    well system restore would be a good idea.... cept that xp does have the tendency to delete restore points when you dont want it to (disk cleanup)

and the program has to be idot proof....

my aunt knows less about comps than the average gerbal

so how are these programs mentioned? (ease of use and such)

doesnt deep freeze TOTALLY reset the comp? i mean documents to?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Quote Originally Posted by Keikan
    deep freeze

my school uses that
    Mine too. Only problem with deep freeze is when you reboot the comp, new progs you just installed are *gone*.

Sure - it's great for stopping virii and n00bs from killing a comp, but it's a pain in the butt for everyone else.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Easily undo PC problems

Symantec’s Norton GoBack™ 4.0 allows you to easily undo PC problems. Restore your PC to a healthy state by going back minutes, hours, or even days (depending on available disk space). Also use Norton GoBack to restore files that have been deleted or modified, and to try new software safely.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam-King
    Easily undo PC problems

Symantec’s Norton GoBack™ 4.0 allows you to easily undo PC problems. Restore your PC to a healthy state by going back minutes, hours, or even days (depending on available disk space). Also use Norton GoBack to restore files that have been deleted or modified, and to try new software safely.
    that sounds like a lil to much, i just need to go back to a specific state.........

ive been lookin into deep freeze, but i think it reset everything EVERY reboot (which isnt what i want)..... i want it to reset only when she runs the program

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    if thats the case than just use system restore IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast