Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do I make a website?

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil
    no m8 you edit the html files with wordpad or with a program like dreamweaver.
    the thing you can edit with photoshop are probably the images that belong to the template you was gonna use.
    Oh i see. You mean the .GIF files I can edit? I am gonna use a template from here: http://www.clantemplates.com/?source=gallery&cat=21

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    bluedevil's Avatar Antileech.Inc
    no m8 you leave the .gif files alone, those are the decoration of the website your gonna make...you only need to edit the html file in the beginning.
    right click the html file open with wordpad and edit what you want to edit.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    Whaa? notepad? How would I edit the banner so it has our clan name?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil
    no m8 you edit the html files with wordpad or with a program like dreamweaver.
    the thing you can edit with photoshop are probably the images that belong to the template you was gonna use.
    That depends on the template.

It might provide image blanks for you to write text on in photoshop in a fancy font.

Alternatively, you could just write text over the top of them in Dreamweaver.

EDIT

/me should've read that quote all the way thru before posting. Who's the man?
    Last edited by Emdee; 10-26-2004 at 10:43 PM.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    Ohh nvm, so the images in the image folder i can edit and it will automatically change the look of my template?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreGamer
    Ohh nvm, so the images in the image folder i can edit and it will automatically change the look of my template?
    As long as you save them as the same file format and name. Also when yoou upload it you will have o upload the whole folder in its original folder structure or face some html work in word/notepad.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    Alternatively get someone else to do the site for you, otherwise you'll end up with an amateurish site full of novice mistakes.

See if any of your clan have done html before.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    Alternatively get someone else to do the site for you, otherwise you'll end up with an amateurish site full of novice mistakes.

See if any of your clan have done html before.
    yep good advice, it will also be full of scripts that everyone who ahs ever used he internet knows they are from some website that gives out free scripts. Get someone who doesnt think html is another form of aids.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39
    No the clan is more n00b like than me. Does someone on this forum wanna make it for me?? Is it really that hard?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreGamer
    No the clan is more n00b like than me. Does someone on this forum wanna make it for me?? Is it really that hard?
    Not that hard to make but it will be one of those shit ones that ahs random scripts that don't work. if you want anything good pay someone i spose. Or learn.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast