Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosives stolen in Iraq

Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    the flip side of the coin being that they see things differently. While I personally see the Patriot Act as a total invasion of privacy, I suppose that some people think it is a good, reasonable, and necessary move. (for example)

EDIT: but I would also like to see if they say WHY they support the things he has done.... maybe so I can see where they are coming from

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rf9rider
    Ruthie blaming Bush? I dont believe it.........yes, i am being sarcastic.
    "If the administration had had its way, the public would never have heard anything about this. Administration officials have known about the looting of Al Qaqaa for at least six months, and probably much longer. But they didn't let the I.A.E.A. inspect the site after the war, and pressured the Iraqis not to inform the agency about the loss. They now say that they didn't want our enemies - that is, the people who stole the stuff - to know it was missing. The real reason, obviously, was that they wanted the news kept under wraps until after Nov. 2."
    NY Times
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    If the President thought there WMDs in Iraq, what plan did he have to secure them?

You would think there would have been the intelligence to indicate where the main weapon depots were and to....you know...kinda like focus on those areas and everything and even.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Manny this may come as no supprise to you but i have to say yes the buck stops with Bush on this and he has himself to blame.
    And here's why.

He has gone about in this election claiming credit for all the "good" things that happened in Afganistan and Iraq...even down to the football team in the olympics. He stood on the carrier with the "mission accomplished" banner and gave the "get a load of us" speech. He has been telling us he is our protector.

So if it's good enough to take credit for the good............

Added.... if he really thought Iraq had these wmd's why wasn't there a securing plan? If there wasn't enough troops to guard the munitions why did they not just blow them up?....it's called incompetence and even without the reason i gave above the buck ALWAYS stops at the top.

Edit:
    I am impressed with the fact that you raised this subject Manny and the report seems reasonably balanced. Bush spent the whole day talking security and Iraq yesterday and he didn't mention this once, so it must be embarassing for him..... Are you starting to look at the "big picture"

Perhaps we could have your thoughts.
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-26-2004 at 01:48 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Manny this may come as no supprise to you but i have to say yes the buck stops with Bush on this and he has himself to blame.
    And here's why.

He has gone about in this election claiming credit for all the "good" things that happened in Afganistan and Iraq...even down to the football team in the olympics. He stood on the carrier with the "mission accomplished" banner and gave the "get a load of us" speech. He has been telling us he is our protector.

So if it's good enough to take credit for the good............

Added.... if he really thought Iraq had these wmd's why wasn't there a securing plan? If there wasn't enough troops to guard the munitions why did they not just blow them up?....it's called incompetence and even without the reason i gave above the buck ALWAYS stops at the top.

Edit:
    I am impressed with the fact that you raised this subject Manny and the report seems reasonably balanced. Bush spent the whole day talking security and Iraq yesterday and he didn't mention this once, so it must be embarassing for him..... Are you starting to look at the "big picture"

Perhaps we could have your thoughts.
    I commend manny as well.

Now to those accomplishments.....................
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    This is almost to good to be true.

You idiots are so eager to believe anything anti Bush that you never question the authenticity of anything.

THE WHOLE THING IS A FRAUD! AGAIN!

Kerry of course is running with the story and even after its been proven wrong he’s still going with it.

How low will the media sink to try an unseat Bush? This is the second “major story” in the last few months that’s been released to try and hurt Bush that’s been proven wrong.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    This is almost to good to be true.

You idiots are so eager to believe anything anti Bush that you never question the authenticity of anything.

THE WHOLE THING IS A FRAUD! AGAIN!

Kerry of course is running with the story and even after its been proven wrong he’s still going with it.

How low will the media sink to try an unseat Bush? This is the second “major story” in the last few months that’s been released to try and hurt Bush that’s been proven wrong.
    what bit are you saying is fraud?...Are you basing it on the pentagon statement ?..the one that said that they didn't find explosives in may but also that the place was looted before they inspected it?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I should have included a link to my post. Here you go Story

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    NBC television reported that one of its correspondents was embedded with the 101st Airborne Division which temporarily took control of the base on 10 April 2003 but did not find any of the explosives.

However, other US outlets, including NBC's own news website, quoted Pentagon officials who said a search of the site after the US-led invasion had revealed the explosives to be intact.
    Calling people idiots when they believe statements from the pentagon and a multitude of respectable media sources is a bit harsh, clearly the validity of the story is up in the atm. Never know might turn out that you're the idiot

[quote[n the run-up to the war the IAEA warned the US about the presence of the explosives and urged its forces to secure the base, the New York Times said.

An internal IAEA memorandum warned last May that terrorists might be helping themselves "to the greatest explosives bonanza in history".[/quote]

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I should have included a link to my post. Here you go Story

hee hee... Hank, you got to it first....

added; To the people here that have been here while; we have rehashed and rehashed and have taken a multitude of persectives on the Bush Administration and its policies; people like Vid, Rat, and Busy have all been subjected to my logic ). That, coupled with the fact that I don't really have the time now (if you noticed, I have been posting considerably less) to go through it again, plus the fact that with the election being around the corner; I am abolutely sick of politics at this junction, plus, my absolute irritation with the big deletion that wiped out all of the valuable threads that Ruthie, mathea, scroff, and others are now clamoring for not only make me want to not post my positions again, but also makes me want to unplug my computer until after the election.

due to time constraints thats all I have now; But I will try to keep track of some topics...

added...again, from Drudge...I will go now; promise

In 1992 it was the Iran Contra charges brought days before the election... In 2000 it was the DUI charges a few days before the vote... And Now...

60 MINS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE

News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crisis mode.

Jeff Fager, executive producer of the Sunday edition of 60 MINUTES, said in a statement that "our plan was to run the story on October 31, but it became clear that it wouldn't hold..."

Elizabeth Jensen at the LOS ANGELES TIMES details on Tuesday how CBS NEWS and 60 MINUTES lost the story [which repackaged previously reported information on a large cache of explosives missing in Iraq, first published and broadcast in 2003].

The story instead debuted in the NYT. The paper slugged the story about missing explosives from April 2003 as "exclusive."

An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of Iraq.

According to NBCNEWS, the explosives were already missing when the American troops arrived. [VIDEO CLIP]

It is not clear who exactly shopped an election eve repackaging of the missing explosives story.

The LA TIMES claims: The source on the story first went to 60 MINUTES but also expressed interest in working with the NY TIMES... "The tip was received last Wednesday."

CBSNEWS' plan to unleash the story just 24 hours before election day had one senior Bush official outraged.

"Darn, I wanted to see the forged documents to show how this was somehow covered up," the Bush source, who asked not to be named, mocked, recalling last months CBS airing of fraudulent Bush national guard letters.
    Last edited by spinningfreemanny; 10-26-2004 at 05:41 PM.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast