Thread: Explosives stolen in Iraq

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Don't believe it, Hank..Still waiting for more facts. LOL
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Ruthie try as you may you to prove other wise this story was made up to hurt Bush before the election. Just like in 2000 when the DUI thing came out.

Here is a quote from Cliff May of Nation Review Online:
    The Nation Review Online says it's fraud ?... well you could have knocked me over with a feather...hard facts indeed

what it boils down to hank is that whilst accusing us of foaming at the mouth you take any denial of the story as fact and anything against bush as fiction.

Well let me reduce something even further.... i don't care anymore if this story is true or false as the bush campaign is telling outright lies about Kerry so i say tough luck

As to the DUI story..... tell me...was it true or false?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    You are right Vid at least the DUI thing actually happened, unlike this and Rathergate.

As much as I like to talk politics I’m sick of this whole election. It seems as though this campaign has been going on for years now. Its time for it all to be over but I fear that stories like this are just the beginning. Next week we’ll have the whole election to dispute because no matter who wins its going to be contested.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    No proof that it hasn't happened hank....... just political in fighting so far. The reporter you pointed to has stated that the 101 didn't do a full search and wasn't there to secure.
    Buzzflash here is the link to the transcript of your reporter

Three-week window
    U.S. defense officials said Tuesday that the materials could have vanished during a period of about three weeks, between March 15, 2003, when inspectors for the IAEA confirmed that at least some of the materials were still stored under IAEA seal at Al-Qaqaa, and April 4, when U.S. troops arrived.

On March 15, said Melissa Fleming, a spokeswoman for the IAEA, “the seals on the doors on the bunkers were checked at many of the bunkers to see if they were still there and hadn’t been tampered with, and that was the case.”

The war in Iraq began March 20. Army officials told NBC News on condition of anonymity that troops from the Army’s 3rd Infantry did not arrive at Al-Qaqaa until April 4, finding “looters everywhere” carrying what they could out on their backs.

The troops searched bunkers and found conventional weapons but no high explosives, the officials said. Six days later, the 101st Airborne Division arrived. Neither group was specifically searching for HMX or RDX, and the complex is so large — with more than 1,000 buildings — that it is not clear that the troops even saw the bunkers that might have held the explosives.

The Iraq Survey Group discovered that the stockpiles of HMX and RDX were missing on May 27, seven weeks after the last visit by U.S. troops.
    The only hard evedence you have that the story is a fraud...well the only question is timing..the explosives did go missing....is the fact that they could have been looted before the troops arrived... well i accept this is a possibility...but then you have to accept the possibility that they may not have been looted before...the statement seem to be tallying that the site was not secured... there is a huge amount of unaccounted time in which it could have happened
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-27-2004 at 01:24 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Here is just a bit of the latest. The White House better get their story straight. Scott McClellan's head must be spinning...kinda like in the exorcist.

White House officials reasserted yesterday that 380 tons of powerful explosives may have disappeared from a vast Iraqi military complex while Saddam Hussein controlled Iraq, saying a brigade of American soldiers did not find the explosives when they visited the complex on April 10, 2003, the day after Baghdad fell.

But the unit's commander said in an interview yesterday that his troops had not searched the site and had merely stopped there overnight.

The commander, Col. Joseph Anderson, of the Second Brigade of the Army's 101st Airborne Division, said he did not learn until this week that the site, Al Qaqaa, was considered sensitive, or that international inspectors had visited it before the war began in 2003 to inspect explosives that they had tagged during a decade of monitoring.

Colonel Anderson, who is now the chief of staff for the division and who spoke by telephone from Fort Campbell, Ky., said his troops had been driving north toward Baghdad and had paused at Al Qaqaa to make plans for their next push.

"We happened to stumble on it,'' he said. "I didn't know what the place was supposed to be. We did not get involved in any of the bunkers. It was not our mission. It was not our focus. We were just stopping there on our way to Baghdad. The plan was to leave that very same day. The plan was not to go in there and start searching. It looked like all the other ammunition supply points we had seen already."
    NY Times

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    well hank it seems that the "fraud" has some meat on the bone

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    This is one of the most bizarre campaigns that I’ve ever seen.

This story is getting better and better though. Here is a quote from a senior advisor in the Kerry campaign:
    'You don't know the truth and I don't know the truth.' He later underscored this point: 'I don't know the truth.'"
    If no one knows the truth then why is Kerry continuing to run with this story?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    It's a story, Hank. A real one, unlike the swift vets BS. Unlike Kerry didn't earn his medals.

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Just a guess but...

Coz you all should know the truth?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    This is one of the most bizarre campaigns that I’ve ever seen.

This story is getting better and better though. Here is a quote from a senior advisor in the Kerry campaign:

If no one knows the truth then why is Kerry continuing to run with this story?
    because it isn't good for bush. Kerry's job is to make bush look as incompotent as possible...just as bush has to poo poo kerry.
    you still have to admit hank that the story isn't a fraud as you said... the only thing that is in question is timing.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast