Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosives stolen in Iraq

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    To be fair to the Coalition, the sheer scale of the looting took everyone by surprise. There was never any intention of blowing up all the military equipment as it was supposed to go to the new Iraqi Army.

20/20 Hindsight is a wonderful thing but there were people at the time suggesting that keeping the existing army intact might not be a bad idea.

There is every probability that if this stuff was stolen it was stolen early rather than late. What is noteworthy is the apparent ease with which insurgents move explosives around the country.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Odd perhaps, but why leave this stockpile which was apparently a known entity and which may now be the source of car bombs, when detonating so many others?

It would seem to me that blowing up conventional stockpiles would in no way impede an apparent search for WMD. In fact, knowing that they would never be found, I would go to all the real threats first. I would blow them up quite demonstratively to show the public just what a threat Saddam was. "Look at all this stuff people. You know we're on the trail."

I think the conspiracy theorists need to become a little more creative, I've pretty much trumped their little diversion scenario in 1 cup of coffee.
    You have trumped nothing.

I don't subscribe to these 'theories' either but as I've said, Bush could have hoped to get lucky. Even I figured he would have found something.

I just thought this iminent threat bullshit was...well...bullshit.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    There is every probability that if this stuff was stolen it was stolen early rather than late. What is noteworthy is the apparent ease with which insurgents move explosives around the country.
    And that your avatar is a plane, but I am spamming. So I will STFU.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    And that your avatar is a plane, but I am spamming. So I will STFU.

On the other hand, why stop when you are having fun.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    There is a lot of talk that these weapons could have been moved after we got there and failed to secure it. No one however seems to question how in the hell you move nearly 400 tons of explosives without anyone noticing. It would have taken 40 semi trucks to move that much material to another location.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    There is a lot of talk that these weapons could have been moved after we got there and failed to secure it. No one however seems to question how in the hell you move nearly 400 tons of explosives without anyone noticing. It would have taken 40 semi trucks to move that much material to another location.
    Very logical

I think alot of folks just don't put alot past the whole administration so if something is done ass backwards, such as not securing weapons stockpiles, then you go, " I'm not surprised".

I mean you have to admit, Bush sent our troops to Iraq with no post-war plan.

Who'd have thunk it?
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-27-2004 at 10:54 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    who said it all went in one go ? there is at least a seven week window during which it could have gone and there was widespead looting occuring constantly.

Also the missing stuff is not weapons, it was explosives.

BTW. i would put it as half that amount of semi trucks...even less if you remove axleweight restrictions as i'm sure they wouldn't be worried about gross vehicle weight ... but then what makes you think large trucks were used? if i was them i would be using ordianry pick ups or cars...honest it wouldn't take long with enough of them.
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-27-2004 at 11:13 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    and there was widespead looting occuring constantly
    ...except the oilfields.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    ...except the oilfields.
    huh?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    Arms experts say the missing explosives - monitored by the UN nuclear watchdog until the March 2003 invasion - could potentially be used to make a detonator for a nuclear bomb or other explosive device.
    From the BBC.

Since Iraq has no nuclear weapons, why would the BBC make such an inane statement. Are they to conjure one from prayer.

It seems that WMD are potentially present or definitely absent based on the agenda of the aspiring author.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast