Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember when you was a kid

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Did you have one of them kids who's familiy would copy everything you did, you get a dog, 2 weeks later, they get one, you get a video, 2 weeks later they get one, you get sky, 2 weeks later they get sky?
    Did it really piss you off?
    they always had to copy because they could not think for themselfs.

Is'nt it funny how this does'nt change as we get older, you go buy a new car, so your nieghbour has to buy a new car etc etc, I've always been one to either think of it myself or feel guilty if I copied (which I very very rarely do/did)

Idea's you have should be your own, people who copy are sad people with no brain of their own.

Yes you prolly all wondering what this is all about, well I'm pissed off.
    Over quite a long period of time I've had idea's and put them to use, only to have pretty much 90% of them copied within a fortnight, I don't mind people having the same things, that's fair enough, everyone is entitled to it, but when people just blantently copy you it really pisses me off.

Discuss

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Did you have one of them kids who's familiy would copy everything you did, you get a dog, 2 weeks later, they get one, you get a video, 2 weeks later they get one, you get sky, 2 weeks later they get sky?
    Did it really piss you off?
    they always had to copy because they could not think for themselfs.

Is'nt it funny how this does'nt change as we get older, you go buy a new car, so your nieghbour has to buy a new car etc etc, I've always been one to either think of it myself or feel guilty if I copied (which I very very rarely do/did)

Idea's you have should be your own, people who copy are sad people with no brain of their own.

Yes you prolly all wondering what this is all about, well I'm pissed off.
    Over quite a long period of time I've had idea's and put them to use, only to have pretty much 90% of them copied within a fortnight, I don't mind people having the same things, that's fair enough, everyone is entitled to it, but when people just blantently copy you it really pisses me off.

Discuss

Guillaume

Nah, I was lucky not to have one of those, though I can understand how annoying it may be.
    On the other hand I also understands this to be a tad unimportant, it's not like you copyrighted the idea of getting a new car...

If your neighbour gets an hernia operation now, you'll know for sure.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I'm not talking about simple things, like I said, it does'nt bother me really, not 1 or 2 things, but when it's every good idea you have and things that are not easy to do, things you worked hard on to make good, and it goes on for months and months then it seems a bit shitty if you ask me.

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    When I was a kid? Jeez, how am I supposed to remember that far back.

Maybe Bigboab can help here, I believe he's having his second childhood.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    That's my point, it's childish

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think of it as a complement. When I was little my sister copied everything I did - and it really did my head in. My parents explained to me that it was only because she wanted to do things as well as I could do them and that I was helping her learn. It didn't seem quite so bad then.

I think of it in the same way now. Sometimes it means that I don't get credit if someone nicks my idea but I don't seek that anyway. If someone outright copies what I do/wear/say/buy then I don't comment on it but I definitely think of it as commending my taste
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think of it as a complement. When I was little my sister copied everything I did - and it really did my head in. My parents explained to me that it was only because she wanted to do things as well as I could do them and that I was helping her learn. It didn't seem quite so bad then.

I think of it in the same way now. Sometimes it means that I don't get credit if someone nicks my idea but I don't seek that anyway. If someone outright copies what I do/wear/say/buy then I don't comment on it but I definitely think of it as commending my taste
    I think of it as a compliment. When I was little my brother copied everything I did - and it really did my head in. My parents explained to me that it was only because he wanted to do things as well as I could do them and that I was helping her learn. It didn't seem quite so bad then.

I think of it in the same way now. Sometimes it means that I don't get credit if someone nicks my idea but I don't seek that anyway. If someone outright copies what I do/wear/say/buy then I don't comment on it but I definitely think of it as commending my taste.......

There you go.

No need for thanks.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    When I was a kid? Jeez, how am I supposed to remember that far back.

Maybe Bigboab can help here, I believe he's having his second childhood.
    Sorry cant help. I was 21 when I was born. Parents could not afford me.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    you should stop telling people about your secret machinations Jonno, it kinda defeats the purpose of a secret

Yomimic
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

10. Lounge   -   #10
    @Manky.......I agree totally, there's a saying I can't remember very well, something like "Imitation is the highest form of flatery"
    But imo there's a limit, like you open a sweet shop cos there is no other for miles, then this person opens another sweet shop right next door, I know some would say it's healthy competition, but that's bollocks, not one person here would be happy

@Bob....... You're a funny bloke

Jonno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast