Thread: Bush Blames Poorly Made Shirt for Bulge

ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush sees the value - and the humor - in the idea that aides could secretly feed him advice through a radio receiver hidden on his back.

``Please explain to me how it works so maybe if I were ever to debate again I could figure it out,'' Bush said Tuesday on ABC's ``Good Morning America.''

After television cameras showed a box-shaped bulge on his back during the first presidential debate, Internet bloggers wondered whether Bush had been wired to receive help with his responses from aides such as White House communications director Dan Bartlett and senior adviser Karen Hughes.

When asked about the bulge that appeared as he and Sen. John Kerry debated Sept. 30 in Coral Gables, Fla., Bush tantalized conspiracy theorists by saying, ``Well, you know, Karen Hughes and Dan Bartlett had rigged up a sound system ".

``You are getting in trouble,'' responded host Charles Gibson.

``I don't know what that is,'' Bush said. ``I mean, it is - I'm embarrassed to say it's a poorly tailored shirt.''

Bush said there was no sound system or electrical signal.

``I guess the assumption was that if I were straying off course they would ... kind of like a hunting dog, they would punch a buzzer and I would jerk back into place,'' Bush said. ``That's just absurd.''

The Bush campaign laughed off the speculation when it first blossomed on the Internet and then cropped up in news stories.

Source

Did anyone see this interview? Was Bush joking when he started to say `Well, you know, Karen Hughes and Dan Bartlett had rigged up a sound system',?
    Because it seems as if Charles Gibson was cautioning him that he was about to say too much

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    What was the shirt made from?

Plywood?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    look i gave the facts in the last thread about this...the man is a GIRL

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Retired
    Is President Bush secretly wired (wirelessly?) for audio?
    Did President Bush receive audio prompting and help through a hidden earpiece during the Presidential debates?
    Did microphones pick up a voice feeding Bush his lines during the 60th anniversary of D-Day ceremonies?
    Does he receive secret prompting for all meetings and public appearances? Has this been going on for years?
    What was the "mystery bulge" in the AP photo of the debates? Is he being fed his lines and answers?
    Did a Republican source leak confirmation? Did the FBI confiscate evidence to cover it up?
    What would it mean if our President was unwilling or unable to speak publicly without assistance?
    Are there signs that Bush has suffered a stroke and/or is afflicted with a degenerative illness?
    Why have his speaking skills appeared to be in decline for years?
    Why did he postpone his annual physical until after the election? Could the "bulge" be a portable medical device?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    I so needed that. Thanks.