Thread: what media center ??????

Poster

Heart

i have just downloaded and installed windows media center edition 2005 .proper.msdn and thought hey this will dramatically change the way i use my computer at home but having spent hours installing when i come to find the media center icon it is non existant??????
    i have followed to the letter the instalatuion instructions but seem to have just xp pro with service pack 2
    my question is
    does anyone on this board/forum know what i have done wrong or do i have to do something to find the media center section?

i know i sound like a dumb arse but have purchased a mini pc with p4 and huge hdd and am just bursting to finally get thisthing up and running in the pride of place ie living room

please help

cheers

nidge

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Have you used the Media Center before? Is it even really that great?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    no not yet but hope it is decent

it has got to be better than msi version media center delux III that is shite just wanna get the thing up and running ill winge about microsoft later hehehehe when the fun has worn off

cheers

nidge

ps any ideas about my problem???

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    thought that one was full of problems or so ive heard? the version ive got was supposed to come from msdn so hopefully no bugs etc
    the damm thing works fiine as normall xp pro so dont understand where the media section is on the disk when you explore there is a media center folder with cabinats in so they must be there

any thoughts?