Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Damn...

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I'm not fat I'm just big boned

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    im not blaming the parents for the kids having a disorder... im blaming the parents who think that means: oh well my kids gonna be fat anyway so may as well feed him/her anything and everything cuz there's no hope

its v possible that by being stricter in what they eat that while the kid wont be skinny, he/she wont be so huge that theres no hope

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathea
    bc that child is going to be teased and berated for something that is beyond their control. ....
    That's a fact of life.

In all honesty it amazes me how people will go ape shit if they see a dog being treated badly in anyway, yet they will turn their head if it's a child and simply rant and rave to friends/family.
    This is whats wrong with the world, everyone is too afraid to say something, it's always whispers "omg look at that kid" etc, maybe someone should be walking upto these people saying "You are killing your child, over feeding him/her and creating an unhealthy start in life"

But no one will because it's considered rude to tell a parent how to raise a child.

It's all bollocks really.

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #34
    i have a friend that rewards her kids with food, and I flat out told her what i thought of that and that she shouldnt be doing it (2 of her 3 kids are overweight, the other one is soon to follow)

tho yeah it is considered rude... luckily I dont mind being the loudmouth

5. Lounge   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    manker: i understand that its hard to deny food.... but yes something healthy is better than a bunch of greasy burgers and fried n soda and snack cakes.....

tho another problem arises when kids see food as a reward. And you even said it ... they shouldnt find food as their "comfort". it only enhances the problem. I dont have children, so I dont know how it is for parents, but i know when i do I will moniter what they eat... I also dont believe in rewrding kids with food (like, "if u behave you'll get that candy bar") bc I think it only adds to the problem.

If you have a child that has a glandular problem, you need to find out what kind of diet the y should be on, and stick as close to it as possible. One of the ladies on the show said she gives her kid w/e she wants and its ok.... I just dont think its right. You should not have a 5 yr old that weighs over 200 pounds.... disorder or not.
    You're quite right. However if there is something wrong with the kid then he or she is always going to be fat. There is nothing short of surgery or starvation that you can do. They have massive appetites and slow metabolisms.

When I said that their only comfort is food, I mean it in a phisical yearning sense, not as a reward cos it tastes nice.

As I say, I'm not going to be as harsh on the parents as some because to deny your child food is against your natural instincts, therefore no matter how much adivce they get and how many diets they are put on the parent is going to be going though absolute hell.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Isn't that the kid that made it on 'Jerry Springer' a few years back?
    I think it is.
    He/she was born as the heaviest/fattest kid ever.

hmm...asspie

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    im not blaming the parents for the kids having a disorder... im blaming the parents who think that means: oh well my kids gonna be fat anyway so may as well feed him/her anything and everything cuz there's no hope

its v possible that by being stricter in what they eat that while the kid wont be skinny, he/she wont be so huge that theres no hope
    Ah, then we agree
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    The thing is taht parents have a responsibilty to their child to look after them and give them the best start inlife they can.

If that means witholding 3 BigMacs from your kid then so be it, making them drink squash instead of full fat coke, an apple instead of 3 bags of crisps, its not doing them any good giving in to them all the time and making them the size of a house.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I have a freind whos 11 y/o son is a big lad, he's not "Fat" as such, he's always been very tall , (he's nearly my hieght) , but he's (putting this as delicately as I can) slow, this is because if he says he has a tummy ache or headache he'll get 3 days off school, so he's simply not learning, he'll then sit there watching tv or playing games and eating crap, chocolate etc, also if he goes shopping he will get whatever he asks for, litterally this kids is spoilt absolutely rotten, if he does'nt get it he stamps his feet and cries (at 11y/o) he has no medical disorder, he's simply spoilt, and he has a weight problem, so instead of his mother cutting him down, she lets his gran tell him he's fat and ugly, so he them gets upset and his mother buys him sweets to compensate

So what chance does he stand in life?

Jonno

10. Lounge   -   #40
    @Dan: i absolutely agree... thats what ive been trying to say

@Jonno: not a v good one :S

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast