Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Genetically modified cats for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    You've never seen dead cats on the side of the road?

They die...

If in the country, they will be eaten, hence entering the foodchain of the local fauna.

How's this being facetious?

Facetious in regards to the alteration of the feline genome being wrong.

As far as food goes, eating an altered animal has no effect on the animal that eats it, in any way. I think the original poster was referring to the beaurocracy that is involved when you are dealing with an animal bred for human consumption. The FDA is very nitpicky, even when it doesn't know what it is talking about.

By it not being an animal bred for human consumption, the project avoided the tentacles of the FDA and a lot of red tape.

Vidcc's post contains another picture of a Cornish Rex- that cat was actually not shaved.

edits: for clarity FDA - food and drug administration
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-27-2004 at 09:26 PM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    [QUOTE=vidcc]i have a cheaper solution for you

The hair is not the problem, other than the fact that the dander gets hung up in it. And please post no pictures of cats without skin.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Vidcc's post contains another picture of a Cornish Rex- that cat was actually not shaved.
    The hell you say

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    [QUOTE=Everose]
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    i have a cheaper solution for you

The hair is not the problem, other than the fact that the dander gets hung up in it. And please post no pictures of cats without skin.
    Actually it may be.

I had 2 cats that I became allergic too. We gave them away against all of our desires and got a Cornish Rex. No allergy problem, period.

The problem with the Rex breed is that most are show cats, the ones that you can buy are rejects.

I don't have any pictures of cats without skin, but can I post a few pictures of pussies in thongs?
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-27-2004 at 10:31 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Fortunately I am not allergic to pet dander and have enjoyed the company of several hairy animals ( some that were even non-human), but hobbes, the pictures of your hairless cat have given me hives.

Like owning a four-footed version of Mr. Six.

Thanks so much.

Off to the drug store.....

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Fortunately I am not allergic to pet dander and have enjoyed the company of several hairy animals ( some that were even non-human), but hobbes, the pictures of your hairless cat have given me hives.

Like owning a four-footed version of Mr. Six.

Thanks so much.

Off to the drug store.....
    My pleasure Benadryl-boy.

BTW, I blame you for my World Series disappointment.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    You two

But honestly, I could have a hairy cat, which I would like if it didn't have the protein in the dander that I am allergic to.

Benadryl boy. Clocker, I am afraid you have a new nick name.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

BTW, I blame you for my World Series disappointment.
    I promise I'll work on my slider in the off-season.
    I did think that my ass-scratching and crotch-grabbing was up to snuff this year though.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    You two

But honestly, I could have a hairy cat, which I would like if it didn't have the protein in the dander that I am allergic to.

Benadryl boy. Clocker, I am afraid you have a new nick name.
    Everose,

I think the hair in Rex cats is different from the other breeds.

You will have to wait for genetically engineered cats, for a hairy one that doesn't bother you.

It is like babies. Most are born with "lanugo" hair which is a temporary form of hair that falls out. Most hispanic females are born with hair on their backs, which, thankfully, falls out.

So think of the Rex cats as having the lanugo hair which is not associated with the "dander" proteins associated with mature cat hair.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    I did think that my ass-scratching and crotch-grabbing was up to snuff this year though.
    Yes, you were very impressive in the above qualities. But, just as a pointer, which is a bit of nit-pick, the ass you scratch and the crotch you grab MUST be your own. I really can't stress this point enough.

So many complaints about you, dear me, the diplomacy I have had to use to keep you in the league. I finally had to tell them that you were deaf and that you were using an obsure dialect of sign language.
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-27-2004 at 10:57 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast