Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: New Board Rules.

  1. #1
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058

    Tongue

    The team has rebuilt the Board rules.

    If you have a question please reply instead of sending a Private Message (PM) to an mod/admin so we can awnser it in public this way we don't recieve multiple PM's about the same thing/question,
    also please keep this thread on-topic.


    Board Rules:

    The Administrators and Moderators are the ones who decide what is offensive, foul, inflammatory or excessive in nature, as well as what is considered spam, solicitation, advertising, profanity, inappropriate nudity or complaints. Their decision on the matter is final. Administrators and Moderators can and will take action without any prior warning or notice.

    1. All posts, comments and opinions are those of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the site and its administrators. This forum, its administrators, and moderators reserve the right to request alteration or deletion of any post in whole or in part. Offensive posts may be deleted.

    2. Post in the correct forum. Take the time to look at the other threads, read forum descriptions and see where your thread should go. Also, read the FAQs and 'Sticky' threads. The Administrators or Moderators may move threads posted in the wrong areas.

    3. Spamming is not permitted and will be monitored; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible. Excessive spamming may be deleted.

    4. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. Any such postings may be deleted for any reason.

    5. Signatures and avatars will be restricted in size and content, and must not be offensive in nature. Signatures and avatars that do not comply will be removed or edited. Click here for detailed rules.

    6. Posting images of complete nudity is forbidden on the board. However, partial (upper portion only) will be allowed within the 'Lounge'. If such pictures are posted outside the Lounge, they will be removed or edited without warning.

    7. Posting pictures or links to pictures which contain graphic images of a disturbing or offensive nature will also be deleted without notice.

    8. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum. Action will be taken against those who choose to disobey, no exceptions.

    9. There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum. The use of racial, ethnic, gender based insults, contents or discriminatory comments of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated. Expect action against you if you do.

    10. Posting of direct download links to copyrighted material such as private ftp sites, serial numbers, warez sites and torrentlinks are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly containing this information will be edited. Sig2dat quicklinks and hashes are NOT considered to be downloadable and will be allowed.

    11. If you get placed on 'Moderation' or a 'Ban', do not circumvent that action by creating another account. Doing so can result in a permanent ban to all accounts.

    12. Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up to public discussion or questioning and will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM).
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 10-27-2004 at 09:18 PM.

  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    The one thing that i think is wrong with these rules is the fact that alot of the time threads are closed, posts are deleated or members placed on moderation WITHOUT knowing who did it. What would you susgust members do when and if this happens? Should they create a new thread or who should then PM?

    The reason i ask this is becuase many a time this has happened to me and iv created new threads just for them to be deleated but still no PM? What should i do?

    EDIT: Just to say this is relative to today and becuase i ahd 4 posts deleated and no PM untill i contacted a member of staff i am now on a moderation. The person won't return the PM so i ask how long am i on moderation for?
    Last edited by peerzyboy; 10-27-2004 at 08:52 PM.


  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by gods of the realm
    12. Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up to public discussion or questioning and will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message
    Can I take this to mean that Moderators and Administrators are not accountable to the members.

    When you say that questioning decisions is not tolerated, what exactly does that mean.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    London, so fuck y'all
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,104
    Administrators and Moderators can and will take action without any prior warning or notice.
    I like

    Does that include telling people/person after the action has been taken too?

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    peerzyboy :

    When someone is placed on moderation he will recieve a PM. If not you can PM any team member because we have a sticky in the team chat about members we put on moderation this way every team member can see who placed who on moderation and why. ATM only admins can put members on moderation.

    If a thread or reply has been deleted and you wanna know why send a PM to the mod/admin who is online at that moment. if he/she does not know who did it I'am sure he/she will ask it for you.

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    When someone is placed on moderation he will recieve a PM. If not you can PM any team member because we have a sticky in the team chat about members we put on moderation this way every team member can see who placed who on moderation and why. ATM only admins can put members on moderation.

    If a thread or reply has been deleted and you wanna know why send a PM to the mod/admin who is online at that moment. if he/she does not know who did it I'am sure he/she will ask it for you.
    Thank you for the reply however a few team members (including yourself) sign on so that the members cannot see you. When something is deleated and we wish to Pm if there is no Mod on the active user list what shall we do? Why do Mod's need to sign in so we cannot see them?


  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    The one thing that i think is wrong with these rules is the fact that alot of the time threads are closed, posts are deleated or members placed on moderation WITHOUT knowing who did it. What would you susgust members do when and if this happens? Should they create a new thread or who should then PM?

    The reason i ask this is becuase many a time this has happened to me and iv created new threads just for them to be deleated but still no PM? What should i do?

    EDIT: Just to say this is relative to today and becuase i ahd 4 posts deleated and no PM untill i contacted a member of staff i am now on a moderation. The person won't return the PM so i ask how long am i on moderation for?
    Well, I believe you got a PM from one of the moderators today. At least, that's what I read in team chat.

    And posting the same things again after something gets deleted is a big NO-NO.
    Last edited by sArA; 10-27-2004 at 09:39 PM.

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity101
    Well, I believe you got a PM from one of the moderators today. At least, that's what I read in team chat.

    And posting the same things again after something gets deleted is a big NO-NO.
    Well oftern it is deleated without warning (which is now okay according to the new rules) however who am i spose to PM when the person who did it is appearing offline. And yes i was mistaken after 4 deleated posts and 2 threads IKE pm'd me telling me to stop it. I then replied and had to make a thread to ask him to reply. I still do not know how long i am on moderation for as IKE has not replied to two Pms.
    Last edited by sArA; 10-27-2004 at 09:41 PM.


  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Also Entity about your 15 year old comment, what if i am 6 years old. And i dont understand thjat my post is gone so i should repost it. Or if im 13 and have a mental issue. Shouldnt the team treat every member the same and be aware that some members have health issues.


  10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity101
    Well, I believe you got a PM from one of the moderators today. At least, that's what I read in team chat.

    And posting the same things again after something gets deleted is a big NO-NO.
    I don't believe Peerzy has a 15 year old brain.

    However, there are some that do. So to prevent this becoming an issue, why not send a PM to people who get their stuff deleted with a short explanitory note.

    Courtesy. This shouuld be number one rule on the moderator guidelines.
    Last edited by sArA; 10-27-2004 at 09:44 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •